PDA

View Full Version : Scripting modules

joebonanno
05-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Hi,

While I am eagerly anticipating Fluid's announcement regarding the upcoming Reseller accounts I thought I would post these questions as a qualifyer for the new plans.

Will your PHP install support both Mcrypt and Mhash?

Will your servers support Python as mod_python, just CGI, or not at all (not a deal killer, but disireable)?

Thanks.

BTW. I am really impressed with the speed of your site. Keep up the good work.

FH-Dave
05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Hello and welcome to our forum :)

> Will your PHP install support both Mcrypt and Mhash?

Yes. An example of PHP modules we support on our PHP installation can be seen here:
http://graviton.fluidhosting.com/phpinfo.php

> Will your servers support Python as mod_python, just CGI, or not at all

We support Python on Unix as CGI, running under suExec.

joebonanno
05-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Excellent. Thank You.

I will keep checking back for the Reseller announcement.

joebonanno
05-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Okay. I forgot to post one additional question that is very important to me.

Will the Reseller accounts use Hsphere or Cpanel?

Thanks again.

FH-Dave
05-20-2003, 04:06 PM
It will use HSphere - hence the announcement says "HSphere Reseller"

joebonanno
05-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Sorry. Haven't been sleeping much lately.

Quite humbling. :o

FH-Dave
05-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Hehehe it happened to me often too :) So what do you think about HSphere vs WHM/CPanel?

joebonanno
05-20-2003, 06:26 PM
I've only used the demo of Hsphere so its hard to do a thorough comparison, but I really like what I see. Hsphere's biggest selling points to me are:

1) integrated solution - billing, tickets, etc..
2) runs well on FreeBSD - superior server OS

I've used cpanel on different hosts for the last couple years without complaint. While it has always done whatever I have needed it do, my perspective has changed from "user" to "host" and I have security concerns about the product (at least as used by hosts other than Fluid).

I think Cpanel's popularity has a lot to do with its historical advantage in looks rather than its advanced functions since most users never put them to use.

I find both Cpanel's and Hsphere's GUIs very easy to use. From a Reseller's point of view I am not too concerned. Most of my accounts will be design customers of mine who call me for everything. Which is actually just how I want it, since it justifies higher prices.

While we are talking about panels, I think Ensim has come a long way with their most current release and wouldn't be surprised to see its popularity rise in the coming year.

FH-John
05-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Ensim does have a nice product. However, from what I've heard, the price has gone up drastically.

FH-Dave
06-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Hi Joe,

I'd like to let you know that our HSphere reseller plan has been launched. www.fluidhosting.com/resell/hsphere/