PDA

View Full Version : Pre-sales questions

Unregistered
08-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Premise: I"m thinking that I would use your 'starter plan'...

Just to describe my current situation to make sure you can accommodate my hosting requirements:

- I need to host one domain (isphere.net) and one alias domain (isphereonline.com).

- I currently have email being forwarded from x@isphereonline.com to x@isphere.net.

- I currently have (and need) several individual ftp accounts/ids but currently have only one ftp server.

- Domain name transfer issue:

I am going to need to transfer the isphere.net domain from my existing company but am fairly certain that they will not be cooperative (based on other stories I have seen from people doing the same thing).

The actual registrar is Tucows and I understand that worse-comes-to-worse that I can probably work directly with them to manage the transfer (I am the administrative contact but I suspect that my current host will not act on the change request).

- Regarding SPAM & virus filtering can I personally configure any aspects of this AND is their a collection area I will have access to in case something is erroneously classified as spam?

- I assume that your control panel will allow me to add/change/delete email & ftp accounts.

FH-John
08-30-2004, 10:09 AM
I am going to need to transfer the isphere.net domain from my existing company but am fairly certain that they will not be cooperative (based on other stories I have seen from people doing the same thing).

The actual registrar is Tucows and I understand that worse-comes-to-worse that I can probably work directly with them to manage the transfer (I am the administrative contact but I suspect that my current host will not act on the change request).

We don't take in domain transfers, so you'll need to transfer over to a registrar. There are quite a few good ones, with very low costs.

Regarding SPAM & virus filtering can I personally configure any aspects of this AND is their a collection area I will have access to in case something is erroneously classified as spam?

You can setup the threshold for the SPAM filter, configure your blacklist, etc. However, at present SPAM is not put into a separate location, it's merely tagged as SPAM.

I assume that your control panel will allow me to add/change/delete email & ftp accounts.

This is correct. However, keep in mind we only support multiple FTP accounts on Unix/FreeBSD.