PDA

View Full Version : price freeze?

badmix
09-18-2004, 01:57 PM
do you offer a 'price freeze' - meaning whatever rate i sign up at stays the same regardless of any future rate increases?

FH-Dave
09-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Thank your interest in our service.

We never explicitly guarantee a price freeze. However, over the last 3 years of offering hosting services we have never asked our customers to pay more. We do roll out new hosting plans/pricing about once a year, but for the same disk space, and etc, the new plans always cheaper than the older plans. Even after we roll out new plans, we never force our shared hosting customers to change to the new plans.

Let us know if you have any other questions/concerns.

badmix
09-18-2004, 07:39 PM
well that's confusing....for the past 3 years you've never increased your plans, but every year you roll out new plans/pricing for the same space etc, and the new plans are always cheaper than the old plans, but you never force customers to change to the new plans.

definitely :confused:

Skibum
09-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Badmix...

Although I don't blame you for being negative about host shopping. (I know I was) I think that Dave was just pointing out that you always have an option here. I have been here for a year and a half, and have come to understand that Fluidhosting will bend over backwards to help you, and they will always do what is fair.

Having my site hosted since '98 or so with various hosts, most bad, I am comfortable in saying that Fluidhosting offers some of the best hosting available.

FH-Dave
09-18-2004, 07:57 PM
My apology for the mis-statement. What I meant to say is that for the last three years, we have never asked our customers to pay more. We still have customer paying the same price as what they had been since 2-3 years ago. We do roll out new plans every year, but never forced customer to change to the new plans.

Recently on 08/01/2004, we rolled out new plans which you can see at http://www.fluidhosting.com/comparison.php. The new plans are to replace our older plan (since March of 2003) which you can see at http://www.fluidhosting.com/old_plans.php. For some, the new plans are actually cheaper then the older plans. For example, the Unix Power Plan under our old plans is charged at $62.95/month and it comes with 1250 MB of space and 30 GB of bandwidth. However, the new Unix Premium Deluxe plan under the new plans is chaged at $47.95/month and it comes with 1500 MB of space and 35 GB of bandwidth. We let customers change to the new plans if they wish, and we welcome them to stay with the old plans if they prefer (e.g. if they want to sat with the old Unix Value plan at $7.95/month that we no longer offer).

Hope this makes more sense :)

nvphone
09-19-2004, 01:13 PM
What ever they charge it is worth every dollar!
Been having sites up since 1997!
I have been with this host 1.3/4 years?
Nice to sleep at night with no worries.
Super support if you ever need it.
If you can find a better host, good luck to you!
They keep you up to date and have always been super nice!