PDA

View Full Version : Is Fluid Hosting on Holiday?

willaw
09-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if anybody knows Fluid Hosting is working.

I'm William from Malaysia, and I signed up yesterday. It's been 22 hours, and I still haven't got any respond.

Just wondering if everything's fine here.

Thank you so much!

-William

Richard
09-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi, William

That's very unusual -- have you tried contacting support or sales via email?

willaw
09-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Yes I did. I wonder why. Could you help me to call them up?

I got all kinds of positive feedbacks here, and I don't want to miss this, but I wonder what took them so long all of a sudden.

Thanks!

Richard
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
You didn't receive any kind of (automated) confirmation email?

willaw
09-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Only one. And that was about 22 hours ago.

I then replied to that email few hours ago and cc'ed support@fluidhosting.com. But didn't get reply.

Thanks,
William

Richard
09-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Did you sign up for shared hosting or VPS? I'm not a shared hosting customer so I'm not sure how long new account activations take ..

Richard
09-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Anyway, I've PM'd FH-Dave and FH-Hary - I think they're online ATM ..

ono-neko
09-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi willaw,

Did you receive any confirmation e-mail when you sent/cc to support@fluidhosting.com? I am not aware of any ticket regarding any sign-up. If you can give me the ticket # from the confirmation, I'll take a look at it.

All sign-up (both shared and VPS) are activated manually after reviewed by the billing manager, David Tong. So, if you can give me the ticket #, or re-send your request again, I'll forward that to David Tong and personally letting him know regarding of your sign-up.

FH-Dave
09-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Wiliam,

Actually, this I believe is an oversight on my part. We usually activate an order within 6-12 hours period. I did notice about your order and I had attempted to activate it. However, for some reasons your credit card was initially declined. My first thought was to believe your order to be a fraudulent one (believe me, we receive quite a few fraudulent orders from Asia) and had chosen to put your order under review, pending for further confirmation.

My sincerest apology for this oversight. I have made another attempt to create your account and this time your credit card was accepted. You should have received the welcome emails by now.

Welcome aboard and I am sure you will enjoy your hosting experience with us.

FH-Dave
09-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Only one. And that was about 22 hours ago.

I then replied to that email few hours ago and cc'ed support@fluidhosting.com. But didn't get reply.

Thanks,
William

Actually, we do not receive any email from you at support[at]fluidhosting.com. If you email to support[at]fluidhosting.com, you will be given a ticket number as your confirmation. If you can let us know the ticket number, I will check this for you.

My sincerest apology again for the inconveniences.

willaw
09-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Thank you very much! Thanks everybody! Wow! This is really GREAT!

Oh yeah, just a question though. I thought I will have a dedicated IP address. I just checked, but it's not.

Could you help me out with this one?

Thanks! :D

willaw
09-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Actually, we do not receive any email from you at support[at]fluidhosting.com. If you email to support[at]fluidhosting.com, you will be given a ticket number as your confirmation. If you can let us know the ticket number, I will check this for you.

My sincerest apology again for the inconveniences.

Gee, I'm so sorry. I just checked my email, and I noticed it was not sent to support at fluidhosting.com. I'm using Google's gmail, so this is the first time I typed multipled email addresses into the address bar. Sorry! :D

FH-Dave
09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
William,

The following online control panel guide should help you: http://fluidhosting.com/support/hsphere/nomenu/html/configuring_domains.html#switchIP

For your information, our control panel guide is located at http://www.fluidhosting.com/support/. You can also visit our Knowledgabse at http://support.fluidhosting.com/.

ono-neko
09-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I believe you signed up for Windows Performance Starter (WP2), so yes, you get 1 free dedicated IP. To switch to dedicated IP, log in to your Control Panel, click the icon Domains, in the row IP Address, click "CHANGE to dedicated IP". That should switch you from shared IP to a dedicated IP.

If you are having problem switching to dedicated IP, let us know either reply here or send e-mail to support[at]fluidhosting.com and we'll take a look at the issue for you.

ADDIT: ah... dave beat me to it... oh well... :p

FH-Dave
09-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Gee, I'm so sorry. I just checked my email, and I noticed it was not sent to support at fluidhosting.com. I'm using Google's gmail, so this is the first time I typed multipled email addresses into the address bar. Sorry! :D

No worry, all is good then! :)

BTW, welcome to our community forums and feel free to make this forum your home.

willaw
09-30-2004, 09:17 PM
No worry, all is good then! :)

BTW, welcome to our community forums and feel free to make this forum your home.

Oh yeah! I'm feeling like home now!

Hello everybody! :D

FH-Dave
09-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Anyway, I've PM'd FH-Dave and FH-Hary - I think they're online ATM ..

Thanks Richard!
:thumbup: