PDA

View Full Version : Need clarification: FreeBSD hosting plans and SSL

PotentialClient
10-16-2004, 10:05 AM
I would appreciate it if you could clarify a few issues regarding your FreeBSD hosting plans and SSL:

1. The mini plan offers no 128 bit SSL support, but at the same time SSL is available as an Add-on. Does this mean that for a $5 setup fee and an additional $1.5 a month ($13.45 monthly total) I would be able to use the 128 bit shared SSL certificate with the mini plan?

2. The starter plan includes a dedicated IP and 128 bit SSL support, but at the same time SSL is available only as an Add-on. Does this mean that the use of the shared SSL certificate is not included in the starter plan without additional charges?

3. Assuming I have already bought my SSL certificate from a CA, how much would it cost to have my own SSL certificate set up with the starter plan? Would there be any additional (monthly, yearly, renewal) charges? I only mean the charges for the services you provide.

FH-Dave
10-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi PotentialClient,

Thank you for your interest in our service.

The Mini Plan does not come with dedicated IP, and thus you can not install your own SSL Certificate. However, you can install a shared SSL Certificate at the cost of $5 setup and $1.5/month. With shared SSL Certificate you will be securing your pages under https://yourdomainname.fluidhosting.com/. We do offer 128 bit shared SSL Certificate.

Shared SSL is not offered by default. If you want to use our shared SSL Certificate, instead of purchasing your own, the cost will be $5 setup and $1.5/month for all plans.

If you alreday have your own SSL Certificate, you can install it from the control panel free of charge. Thus, you only pay for the monthly fees for the hosting plan (e.g. $21.95/month for Starter Plan). Please note that SSL Certiticate needs a dedicated IP, and thus you can only install your own SSL Certificate on our Starter and above plans.

Thank you once agian for your interest in our service. Should you have any further questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us here again or at support[at]fluidhosting.com. We are looking forward to working with you.

PotentialClient
10-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi Dave,

thank you for your swift and thorough response, I really appreciate it! :-)

I have a few other questions, but they are not SSL related, so I will just open new threads as appropriate to keep things organized for other potential customers who are looking for the same info I am inquiring about.