PDA

View Full Version : Shared Hosting Experience

polyhedron
10-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Hello, I've been using fluid hosting for about a year (maybe more) and they are great.

I have both windows and BSD plans and run multiple domains on both of them.

Uptime: It's great for people accessing your site, but at times, for some reason or another, I have had some problems accessing the administrative parts of the accounts. FTP sometimes has some trouble, as well as myPHPAdmin.

100 % - Support: Second to none, I have sent trouble tickets out on saturday night and have problem fixed or question answered sunday morning.

90% - Price: Also good, I make a little money on the side reselling hosting to clients. I've seen better prices, but if you use the multiple domains, you can't beat it.

95% - Extensions: They have expressed interest in all my requests to install a certain extension for php on BSD servers. I tend to like BSD servers better than the windows servers, so I have only asked for customization on BSD servers. They have most of the extensions installed.

All in all, I recommend this hosting company. I've used at least ten others before this one and this is the best experience yet. I don't know how big this company is, but usually you get service that you would only expect from a small business with their stuff together.

FH-Dave
12-05-2004, 09:55 AM
polyhedron,

Before I forget (though since I replied just now, I must have forgotten already :)) ... Thank you for your continuing use of our service. We appreciate your business, and we are looking forward to make sure you are happy for more time to come.

Regarding the problem you seem to be having, I am not quite sure if that's problem on our end or on your end. We have not had any complaint regarding people having (continuous?) problem with the control panel, FTP, and PhpMyAdmin. If you would like, can you send us a support ticket at support[at]fluidhosting.com when this problem occurs? We would certainly like to track down this problem from you.

Once again, thank you for your confindence in our service.