PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions.

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 01:59 AM
First off, I love the site layout, very clean and professional. Secondly I've been with my current host (webmasters.com) for two years but I am in need of the .net framework, so after hours of research I've landed here. Anywho, on to the questions:

1. Can I edit the php.ini file, or if you guys don't allow that have an employee make a one time change? (change the upload_max_filesize to greater then 10 megs)

2. On the bottom of the home page it says something about a "Special FALL 2004 Promotion!" Would this effect the Windows "Starter" or "Advanced" option's prices?

3. Can I upgrade or downgrade my service after I make a 12 or 24 month agreement?

Thanks,
Matt

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 02:04 AM
4. Do you guys offer prorated cancelations? (Would I get back my unused time in a 12 month contract?)

Thanks again,
Matt

FH-John
10-30-2004, 02:08 AM
Matt,

1. I don't think that would be possible. Generally speaking it's not best to upload large files via HTTP, it's not exactly a very efficient method of doing. However, someone else here can clarify on this point.

2. If you didn't see that POPup listing the information about the special, here it is:

Shared Hosting Special: Signup for any of our shared hosting plans and get additional 30% discount, on top of up to 30% prepayment discount. Unix hosting as low as $5.86/month. Windows hosting as low as $8.31/month. Apply coupon code "FALL0430" during signup to receive your 30% discount.

So, yes the discount would apply to those packages.

3. Most certainly. :)

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 02:14 AM
Just in case you missed question 4:

4. Do you guys offer prorated cancelations? (Would I get back my unused time in a 12 month contract?)

Thanks again,
Matt

PS I'm excited to become a new customer after that last question is answered!

FH-John
10-30-2004, 02:21 AM
As for 4., i'm going to leave that for Dave Tong. He'll be able to answer that best, I wouldn't want to give an incorrect answer. :)

I can say for sure, we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

FH-Dave
10-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Thank you for your continuing interest in our service.

In regards to prepayment, we consider that as a contract. Unless if there is a reason why you would break the contract (e.g. we break our SLA to you, we can not fulfill our obligation to you, etc) then our Terms of Service (TOS) (fluidhosting.com/tos.php) states we do not refund any un-used portion of the prepaid contract. This is for a good reason, of course. We did have customers that received a deeply discounted price while not having the commitment to stay for the contract duration (e.g. they jumped ship when they found a cheaper host, requesting a refund although they have signed the contract).

Having said this, I do take a look on each case separately. We have also refunded customers that decided to break the contract in the past. When this happens, we usually calculate the hosting fees based on the undiscounted price before giving the refund. For example, a customer signs up for hosting account with one year contract (20% discount). After the third mothy, the customer decides to cancel the contract. If we decide to refund the customer, then we will charge the customer three month of undiscounted hosting fee and refund the rest of the money to customer.

In short, we laid our TOS in such a way that we want potential customers to be serious while signing a contract. We are here to stay and we are commited to deliver services for any contract duration. In return, we expect customers to be serious when entering a contract. However, I too can be understanding and will review each contract cancellation request on a case by case basis.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to email me at dave[at]fluidhosting.com.

Unregistered
10-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks for all the answers guys, I have just one more.

When I sign up and get that extra 30% off will that price continue (if its the best price) when I renew my service?

Thanks,
Matt

FH-Dave
10-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Yes, it will. You will renew your service with the discounted price.