PDA

View Full Version : Value Plan Features on Internap?

pingme
11-10-2004, 02:27 AM
When I signed I was looking for Value plan features but on Internap network. As you people already know, my site do not need any additional domains etc..but need more space and bandwidth...

I dont need it now, but when my starts generating donations :D, i would definitely prefer to be on Internap and current plans ae overkill for me in terms of features

Are you planning offer something similar for hosting single site with more space/bw on Internap? or may be some custom plan ?

FH-John
11-10-2004, 03:02 AM
I'm not aware of anything, but that doesn't mean anything isn't in the works. So, I guess the better answer is, I don't know.

pingme
11-10-2004, 04:44 AM
I'm not aware of anything, but that doesn't mean anything isn't in the works. So, I guess the better answer is, I don't know.

Then who can tell me guide me on this :confused: I am really interested in it in near future though :)

FH-John
11-10-2004, 04:46 AM
Dave could, he'll probably chime in sometime today.

pingme
11-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Dave could, he'll probably chime in sometime today.

okay lets wait for Dave. hopefully he will be share informatin :)

FH-Dave
11-10-2004, 09:43 AM
I will chime in ... But Honestly, I am not quite sure what's being asked :)

The Performance Plans pricing will never go down to the Value Plans pricing, if that's what you are asking, at least not in the near future. Perhaps Internap will drop their bandwidth prices in the future and we will sure adjust our pricings. But there is also a lot more expensive factor that determines our pricings, more than infrastructure and bandwidth costs. It's our support personnels. We proud to be a host who has in house support technicians and do not outsource our support to some third party company. It's expensive, but well worth it :)

Also we do not do custom plans, to simplify billing on our end.

Let me know if I have understood and answered you correctly.

pingme
11-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Dave thanks for chiming in :D

No I am definitely NOT asking for price reduction.

What I mean is if I want to host a "single site" on Internap and my requirement is of say 800MB/20GB, then I unnecesarrily pay for 8 domains, 8 databases etc which I might never use

I agree it is offered as a package, but in current offering i do not see any plan, that could serve single high capacity/high bandwidth site...I am just looking for that

Hope I am clear now :)

FH-Dave
11-10-2004, 12:21 PM
The cost for extra domains/databases are actually quite small, if not negligible, compared to the cost of the bandwidth and infrastructure itself.

Your point/input is well taken and appreciated. One thing makes me wonder, why do you like to be on Internap network? Let me know :)

pingme
11-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Your point/input is well taken and appreciated. One thing makes me wonder, why do you like to be on Internap network? Let me know :)

hahah! because the way FH has been marketing Internap...it gives a feeling any other network is inferior :dunno:

Jokes apart, I plan to offer image hosting soon...and want to make sure my site is one of the most reliable in terms of access speeds and uptime. Though I am not thikning of swithing right away..it is in my mind some where...:D

FH-John
11-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Peer1 is also very good bandwidth, we will be adding a backup provider to our Value hosting as well.