PDA

View Full Version : MS-SQL / Reseller Question

WebDev
11-15-2004, 11:27 AM
What is the difference between the Windows Hosting Plans (http://www.fluidhosting.com/comparison.php?os=windows) and the Reseller Plans (http://fluidhosting.com/resell/hsphere/)? Is it just that the reseller plans offer both Windows and FreeBSD platforms? Also, Is MS-SQL included in the Reseller Plans?

I'm really only interested in Windows/MS-SQL hosting accounts for my clients. Will the regular Windows accounts allow for me to host multiple domains under the single FluidHosting account? Will each domain have seperate control panels, stats, etc?

WebDev
11-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Also, is Disk Space based on usage or allocation? How about Data Transfer...usage or allocation?

FH-John
11-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Reseller plans have multiple control panel logins, so you could assign a login for each of your clients. As well it has integrated billing, ticket system, etc. At present MS SQL isn't integrated with the reseller accounts. However, we can offer it at an additional fee. For more info, please feel free to e-mail us at support[at]fluidhosting.com

The shared Windows plans, only come with one control panel login used by all the domains on the account.

FH-John
11-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Also, is Disk Space based on usage or allocation? How about Data Transfer...usage or allocation?

You will be allocated space, and bandwidth to use. The control panel will advise you when begin to approach those amounts.

How you divide up your space, and bandwidth allocations is up to you.

WebDev
11-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi John. Thanks for the quick reply.

So, on a Reseller account that comes with 15 GB of data transfer, can I allocate more than the 15 GB so long as the accounts do not actually use more than the 15 GB? i.e. setup 5 client accounts with 5 GB of transfer assigned to each?

What version of H-Sphere is FluidHosting running? 2.3 or 2.4.1? If not yet up to 2.4.1, what are your future plans to upgrade?

Thanks!

FH-John
11-15-2004, 12:09 PM
1) You can allocate more data transfer than you are allocated.

2) We are running H-Sphere 2.4.1, and update when a release is determined to be stable.

WebDev
11-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks Dave! :thumbup:
I'll run my other question through the support email address.