PDA

View Full Version : Fall Special Coverage?

Trip
11-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Hello FH Staff,

I am facing connectivity issues with my current host that would prevent kids from my school from being able to reach a student-related site I am launching next month so it looks as though I will need to switch hosts. FH is awfully tempting except that your Value plan offers 2 total domains and I am currently using 3. Does the special discount for fall cover add-ons as well? (So a $2.00/mo. domain would cost roughly $1.33/mo.)

Also, if I were to select a plan at the discounted price, would I be locked in at that scaled discount price even if I decided to change to a shorter or longer payment cycle after my first billing term was up?

Finally, does your H-Sphere setup support catch-all subdomain email fowarding? For example, if I sent an email to anyaddress@something.somewhere.com, would this work? I have used CPanel for a while and I love this feature, can't live without it now. :)

Thanks for your answers!
Trip

dagta
11-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi Trip,
I use H-Sphere and the catch-all subdomain email forwarding works fine for me.

-Ryan

Trip
11-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks Ryan! Most helpful already. 1 down, 2 to go. ;)

inTELLiGrunt
11-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Are any two of your three domains pointing to the same site? can they be aliased? or forwarded with without/URL masking?

Trip
11-17-2004, 07:19 PM
I could probably move the one that I use strictly for email to a place like ZoneEdit or MyDomain, which can give me the subdomain forwarding I need. But the other two sites are not affiliated so I would need completely seperate sites.

inTELLiGrunt
11-17-2004, 07:23 PM
In that case the discount isn't so much of an issue and the .77c difference which equates to 0.025c /day is even less so. Sounds like you have a good plan there.

FH-Dave
11-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Trip,

Thank you for your interest on our service. Just to make sure I get it right, are you interested in our Unix Premium Mini plan? (see: http://www.fluidhosting.com/comparison.php).

If you decide to change your billing period to a longer term (e.g. 1 month to 24 months) then you the 30% fall special discount will still apply, on top of the prepayment discounts. However, if you change your billing period to a shorter term, you will lose the 30% fall special discount. This might be intentional, with reasons I still have to check with the control panel developers.

Yes, the 30% discount also applies for additional domains, bandwidth, databases, etc. It does not apply for domain registration fees and all other setup fees (e.g. the $5 setup fee for adding shared SSL certificate).

Hope I answer all of your questions. Thank you once again for your interest in our service. I am looking forward to working with you.