PDA

View Full Version : Reselling service?

brianr
12-02-2004, 10:23 AM
I remember reading my contract a year and a half ago when I signed up that there is no reselling of service. I have people approach me on a regular basis to create web pages for them (although I'm certainly no expert!) and for hosting. This whole process is still a mystery to 99% of people. I typically shy away from even suggesting any of the free or cheap hosts because, well, they suck. But, $11.95 is considered by many of these people to be too high for a low traffic, small business or not-for-profit site. Especially when their disk space needs are in the hundreds of kilobytes, not megabytes, and their traffic demand is in the hundred meg per month range, as opposed to the 6 gig range. I've considered offering to host their site, and point their www.blah.com domain to their pages, but I don't want to violate Dave's no-resell contract. While I certainly don't think I'd be getting rich off of it, are we allowed to resell part of our accounts for profit? If not, are we allowed to charge for the additional cost the site would create (ie, $2 for an addtional domain)? It may not be in FH's game plan to host low space, low traffic, low dollar sites - and I can understand that thr trouble that newbies have, and the added helpdesk support they require make this service a waste of time. But I just don't feel comfortable telling someone to put their site up on an ad ridden free/cheap host that has dealings with GAIN/Gator and all the rest of that crap. I don't want my account dropped for breaking contract, but I'd love to help out people who just can't do it on their own. What to do?

Regardless, keep up the good work! I've been with FH for a year and a half, and don't plan on leaving!

FH-Dave
12-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Brian,

We do have shaerd hosting bulk reseller plans. You can take a look at http://www.fluidhosting.com/resell/hsphere/. Currently we open our reseller plans only for other web hosting and/or web design companies. So if you are one of these, then you surely are elligible for our shared hosting bulk reseller plans.

I am moving this thread to presales question forums since it seem to be better suited there.

brianr
12-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Dave,
I guess I hadn't even thought of that - didn't realize you guys had reseller accounts. And, the prices are god awful cheap!!! Can the regular add-ons apply to these accounts, too - SSL, osCommerce, MySQL, etc? Now you've got me thinking of switching my account!

FH-Dave
12-02-2004, 10:53 AM
With reseller account, you will be given a set of disk space and bandwidth. You can create as many databases/emails as you would like. When you definte your own hostin plans, you can set whether or not to include OsCommerce, PhpBB, number of domains to be hosted on the hosting plan, and etc. As long as your total disk space is not exceeded then you won't have to pay extra for that. We do not offer Shared SSL, but you can certainly install you own SSL.

The only thing that the reseller cluster lacks is the MSSQL support. However, we do have a MSSQL only plan that we offer to our resellers. The MSSQL will be created on our shared hosting cluster. You will then connect to the MSSQL server remotely from the web servers in the reseller cluster.

The price is perhaps in the low side for what we offer. We have not had changed our reseller plans pricing. We may adjust the plans/pricings in the near future.