PDA

View Full Version : Hosting e-mail

Jay
12-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to move several sites that I currently have hosted elsewhere due to the fact that I've lost e-mail from customers (and potential customers), and they don't seem to know how or why they were lost in their system.

I've heard many good things about Fluid Hosting, and I'm very close to signing up so that I can take advantage of the Fall special. However, I wanted to ask how other user's experiences were with Fluid Hosting and e-mail. Also, what e-mail system does Fluid Hosting use?

Thanks!

FH-John
12-05-2004, 10:51 PM
We're running Qmail on FreeBSD for our e-mail server. Our system is setup to handle connections with/without SSL on IMAP/POP3/SMTP.

FH-Dave
12-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Jay,

Thank you for your interest in our service.

In general, our email reliability has been quite high. I have not received any complaint from customers regarding lost emails. However, I will let other customers comment on this.

We have dedicated mail servers running QMail. We also run Spam Assasins (RBL enabled/integrate) that customers can configure through their control panel to tag/delete emails according to a predefine rules. To avoid false positives, we do not delete any emails or block any mail server, unless if customer has specified to delete spam emails from their control panel.

I hope I have answered part of your concerns. I will let our customers to confirm their email experience.

Let us know if

jay
12-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Glad to say that I joined FluidHosting today as a customer. Looking forward to the great service that I've heard is provided by you guys.

I did have another question. I have several Web sites that I'm going to host with my account. For some of those sites, I own both the .com and .net domain names (they will go to the same site). My question is, does such a site configuration count as one domain or two?

Jay
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Or would this simply be considered a domain alias? For example, should I set up the www.domain.com domain, then configure the www.domain.net as the domain alias?

inTELLiGrunt
12-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Glad to say that I joined FluidHosting today as a customer. Looking forward to the great service that I've heard is provided by you guys.

I did have another question. I have several Web sites that I'm going to host with my account. For some of those sites, I own both the .com and .net domain names (they will go to the same site). My question is, does such a site configuration count as one domain or two?

I have more than one site with 5 domains at the cost of only one from my FH account. In one example, the .co.uk is the named domain with whois pointing to FH, this domain is added to my account with the .com, .net, .org, .info set up as aliases (though they need not be, as in reality the 4 aliases are under a different nameserver which forwards to the .co.uk). A bit more work is needed is you want mail at both .com and .net, but I don't bother with that.

HTH.

Jay
12-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Yes, that helps. That's what I thought needed to be done. I don't need mail from both the .net and .com domains, so that should work just fine. Thanks!

pingme
12-14-2004, 08:10 AM

Welcome to FH, you will enjoy the service and quality of FH guys :thumbup: