PDA

View Full Version : Running my own services?

Unregistered
12-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Hello. I'm very interested in the possibility of using your VPS services, and I have a question whose answer I couldn't find in your FAQ:

Under your "Starter" and "Advanced" plans, is it possible for me to install my own services besides the ones for which you offer templates? For example, I'd like to install leafnode to sit on port 119 and to manage a small (low bandwidth) private nntp server. I know how to do that installation and to fully manage that service. Is it possible for me to do this, or am I limited only to use the services for which you offer templates?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

FH-Dave
12-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi,

Thank you for stopping by our community forums and thank you for your interest in our service.

You can install anything with your VPS, as long as it does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) which you can review at http://www.fluidhosting.com/aup.php. For VPS basically this means as long as you are not running any irc related activities, using our network to spam/distribute any adult-related materials, then you can do anything you like with the VPS.

Hope this clears. Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.