PDA

View Full Version : Question arises while filling out plan contract

Grumpy
12-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I have searched for all references to Fluid Hosting on the WHT site, web-hosting forum. Your WHT forum reputation is outstanding, congratulations. I do not have a response to my request for help in choosing a plan and server.

I stopped filling out the agreement to enroll in a plan when a request for my credit card information appeared before I had entered the number of domains I want to host and before the form showed me the cost of the plan.

Perhaps you request the credit card information early in the plan enrollment process to prevent insincere people from learning your pricing. I can provide the CC-I but I want to see the details of the plan configuration including cost before I commit to completing signup.

When I registered on your site, I provided my public email address. I entered my private email address in the plan enrollment form. I can change my site profile email address to my private email address. Just ask.

You have my permission to reply by email if you prefer--my public email address (it is private here on this forum) will work for that. You have the ball on this, I am waiting to hear from you and look forward to hearing from you.

FH-John
12-28-2004, 06:27 PM
If you'd like, during the signup process choose Check/Offline payment. That way you can see everything during the signup. It's possible to switch to CC quite easily afterward.

Grumpy
12-28-2004, 07:46 PM
John, I did as you suggested, but all that happened was that I got to new account page with a message to check my email. I did not get an opportunity that I was looking for. (I did get an auto-respond email.)

I asked about some other things, for example, whether having two email addresses with you is a problem. I infer that it is not.

I emailed sales (at) FluidHosting (d) com concerning what happened when I was attempting to confirm plan details on line. Before I commit to a plan a couple of things have to be addressed and that is better done by email.

Thank you for helping me here at the pre-sales forum.

allera
12-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Go ahead and send any questions you have to support@fluidhosting.com. We'll take good care of you. :)

Grumpy
12-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Hi, Allera, thank you for the comments. I am not in the door as a customer yet so support is the wrong channel. My concerns are in the email queue for sales. I expect a response from them in a day or two.

Who is the woman whose picture appears on the left on so many pages?

Richard
12-28-2004, 09:10 PM
The one with the thick bushy eyebrows? :D

allera
12-28-2004, 09:13 PM
I think it was a random lady they found on a park bench.

Honestly, it's a stock image I'm pretty sure. Many people ask about it.

FH-John
12-28-2004, 09:26 PM
The image is a stock photo. I've seen it on a few other sites.

Grumpy
12-28-2004, 11:13 PM
A stock photo? You can do better than that. Offer to give Brittany Spears hosting if you can post her picture on the site. Even better, get several celebrities: younger, older, both men and women. Then let your customers choose which one shows when they visit your site. Am I kidding? I am not sure.

The enrollment form glitch that caused this thread is resolved. No problem no more.

I expect to be off line at least some of the next two days. I will check the forum as I can.

allera
12-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Then let your customers choose which one shows when they visit your site. Am I kidding? I am not sure.
Hah, I'm starting to like you already. :D

FH-John
12-28-2004, 11:26 PM
I do think the photo should be changed.

Skibum
12-29-2004, 07:18 AM
I think Grumpy is gonna fit in just fine.... :)

Grumpy
12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
I think Grumpy is gonna fit in just fine.... Ahh shucks, SkiBum. :bow:
I do think the photo should be changed. It can still be one of the selections. John, if you are going to put your photo up, get someone to take it without a window behind you. :) Hah, I'm starting to like you already. I like Alex already. He is the one that got the enrollment form corrected and then told me by email what the problem had been. All that while I was still at this desk.

I will discuss with my partner, a.k.a. spouse, how long I should pay up. That will be tomorrow.

mediafrenzy
01-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I'd have to agree about possibly changing the pic, if for nothing other than a change of scenery - sorry sorry! Its my designer side - its never happy with any layouts, please forgive me! :D ;)

PS - Welcome Grumpy!

Skibum
01-02-2005, 11:00 AM
OOOOO a designer...

Wanna make me a logo for my site?? :)

inTELLiGrunt
01-02-2005, 02:09 PM
My first comment about that scatty looking woman is that that it would be less confusing for first time visitors if each section had its own image, preferably one that either depicts the purpose of the section, or one that reinforces what Fluid stands for.

I am of course willing to allow my <- avatar to be used under licence :D although, I'd rather see a daily cartoon.

dagta
01-02-2005, 02:35 PM
My first comment about that scatty looking woman ...

Scatty looking?

Without even knowing anyone here in person, I would bet that woman is more attractive than any woman 75% of the male geeks on these forums could ever 'get'.

FH-John
01-02-2005, 02:47 PM
LOL

Hey, lets keep it cool around here. :) I don't want to do any moderating. :)

I would have nominated for it to be random pictures of the FH staff, but I don't think that would help sales.

inTELLiGrunt
01-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Scatty looking?
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/scatty

Wanna make me a logo for my site?
How about attaching this to a pair of ski's with the appropriate flag? :banana:

http://www.akta.co.uk/prodimgs/t_1171.gif

Edit: or this

http://www.tinyplace.org/tinyblog/postpics/waterski_squirrel.jpg

mediafrenzy
01-02-2005, 08:03 PM
OOOOO a designer...

Wanna make me a logo for my site?? :)

<straightens 70's tie and slicks back greasy hair>

Step into my office.... :D

Heh actually I'm flat out trying to design/develop my own sites at the moment sorry mate!

..Of course... money talks ;) Well it doesn't usually talk to me.. heck its not normally even in the same ROOM as me! :dunno:

Oh regarding the "Face of Fluidhosting" woman - not sure exactly what scatty means hehe - but personally i was just thinking she looks like shes had a few to many coffees, and probably wouldn't mind being subbed out for a few new faces! IMHO.

dagta
01-02-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/scatty

How about attaching this to a pair of ski's with the appropriate flag? :banana:

haha, nice.

The foot I have in my mouth and I are going to exit this thread now.

inTELLiGrunt
01-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Skibum, FH-John, has just posted this site. There are some logo ideas at:

http://oswd.org/premium/logo-templates.html

Skibum
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
THanks for that! Checking now...

cafeOui!
01-06-2005, 11:43 AM
...but I think Ms. Nameless Stock Photo is a babe. :rolleyes:

Graeme
01-07-2005, 03:58 AM