PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Customer - Not So Happy Now

apogee
01-04-2005, 01:06 PM
To start out - my company currently has 4 different accounts with Fluid Hosting - Unix & NT with SQL Server. Second, I have referred 5 different clients to Fluid Hosting since I finally migrated to Fluid several years back. My point is I have quite a bit of experience with Fluid and overall it really has been successful - however I am a bit upset with the service I am getting now.

The one thing that Fluid always offered me was prompt responses, even during the DOS attacks. However, now I'm getting sucked into what I think is a typical "trap" of cancelling an account with a host. I have requested to cancel 2 of my 4 accounts - business isn't as booming as it was, and I've got to make some cut backs. However, Fluid tech support states that only one person in the company (billing manager) can cancel an account - nobody else. The billing manager isn't in the office and as a result, these accounts are still opened and I'm still being charged. No backup managers. Nothing.

I can tolerate downtime due to DOS, I can tolerate any unexpected problems - however only allowing one person in the entire company to cancel an account is absolutely ridiculous. Punishing people like me that do plan due to their own poor planning really upsets me.

I hope Fluid seriously re-evaluates this in-efficiency because it really goes against what I thought they stood for.

apogee
01-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I should add that I'm not leaving Fluid Hosting as a result of this, but surely there is something they can do to make this a tad bit easier on their customers.

dagta
01-04-2005, 01:31 PM
I haven't tried to close/cancel any accounts with Fluid, so I'm not familiar with the procedure.

A few questions I have: did you sign up with a credit card? Do you have access to that credit card? Do you have access to the account login information and customer id?

I don't agree with only allowing one person in a company access to closing an account unless that one person said only he/she is to have access (what if that person dies?). However, FH does need a way to safely identify you as a person authorized to change/close an account. Otherwise, anyone could call up and close your account.

apogee
01-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Yes they are all signed up with credit cards. I also have access to the login information.

One of the accounts has been up around a year and the other for about 6 months... as a result you can't cancel them automatically.

For new users under 31 days there is the automatic "money back" option in the control panel - for long term users there is not an automatic system. You have to contact support, and then they forward it to the billing manager, and then the billing manager will verify & cancel. The problem is the billing manager is gone....

ono-neko
01-04-2005, 03:00 PM
apogee,

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Our billing manager, David Tong, will be back tomorrow night and will be able to handle the cancellation process of your account.

We definitely will re-evaluate the case and take it as a lesson learned. In the mean time, to avoid any more charges by the control panel on your credit card, you can remove your credit card profile from your billing and choose check as a payment option. David will take care any charges made by the system on your account once he is back.

FH-Dave
01-06-2005, 03:08 AM
apogee,

However, now I'm getting sucked into what I think is a typical "trap" of cancelling an account with a host. I have requested to cancel 2 of my 4 accounts - business isn't as booming as it was, and I've got to make some cut backs.

First of all, my sincerest apology for the delay in cancelling your account. However, we have never caused anybody difficulties with regards to account cancellation. You may experienced a typical "trap" in cancelling accounts with other host, but this is certainly not the way we do business.

However, Fluid tech support states that only one person in the company (billing manager) can cancel an account - nobody else. The billing manager isn't in the office and as a result, these accounts are still opened and I'm still being charged. No backup managers. Nothing.

According to my record, I have not seen any of the accounts you are cancelling being charged for renewal again. Can you please verify that this is the case?

For the company of our size, I don't think there is a strong need for a backup billing manager yet. Having said this, account cancellation can be done by any of our admins and does not require my specific attention, unless if refunds are due and/or in any other special situation. I will make sure that these sort of things will be delegated more clearly in the future.

Let us know if you still need any further assistance.