PDA

View Full Version : Can Resellers Install H-Sphere Package add-ons?

iGabe
01-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Very curious if resellers can install packages such as this: http://www.hspherepackages.com/prodview.php?packnum=5 (or have you install for us?)

Found that one via psofts' official partners page here: http://www.psoft.net/partners.html so I'd assume it would have to be a pretty solid and stable add-on..

FH-John
01-20-2005, 03:48 AM
I believe that would require us to install it. I'm not sure on how/if we would do install it, as I don't recall anyone ever asking about it. It'll be best to wait for Dave to answer this one, as it would be his call.

iGabe
01-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Dave around? :-)

allera
01-26-2005, 07:20 PM
The packages have to be installed into HSphere itself, which requires access to the control panel server. Resellers cannot do this themselves. Any packages that do get installed are server-wide, not reseller-specific.

I hope that answers your question. :) If not, let me know!

iGabe
01-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks Allera.

So would you install http://www.hspherepackages.com/prodview.php?packnum=5 if I choose to go with you guys?

allera
01-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I will need to talk to the developer to see if there are any license issues with doing that.

FH-Dave
01-26-2005, 08:00 PM
iGabe,

This looks like a great module. Do you have any experience with this module? Does it also do refund back to customer's credit card?

iGabe
01-26-2005, 10:25 PM
iGabe,
This looks like a great module.
Hi Dave. I agree, it looks great.

I've been very frustrated with hosts which make it impossible to cancel. I spent literally 30 days trying to get $10 back from my last host(biting my tongue not to say their name). Opened tickets & IM'd them over 20 times to get money back, all for a charge that was their mistake. If I could have just cancelled with 1 click, I would of been a much much happier person. Sad part is that this isn't the first time...

Do you have any experience with this module?
Unfortunately I have zero experience with the module. Nonetheless I still feel ethically obligated to make sure my customers would be able to cancel without any hassle. Just as your sig says "Do to others what you would want others do to you." Hope you understand. :)

Does it also do refund back to customer's credit card?
Spent a few minutes looking at HspherePackages.com site docs. Nothing answering the question directly(I might be missing something though).

However I remember reading a post at JodoHost: posts #2 and #3 @ http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=2870

Apologize I can't be more helpful on that question.

Anyhow,
I learned about this add-on a while ago, I think probably on WebHostingTalk.com. I've also seen it mentioned every so often on other hosts websites as well as the psoft.net forums. Never seen anything but good posts about it. Other add-ons made by the company are more popular, but this is the gem for me. Hopefully you guys like it to.

iGabe
02-02-2005, 01:33 PM
:) So, what's the verdict?

Rob
02-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Dave:
The package does not do refunds back to the customer's card but it does protect the host from a customer cancelling an account that the customer still owes money on.

FH-Dave
02-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the confirmation. What we do not want is a software that does refund one way where our resellers may have different refund policies. Seems like this software is generic enough that it should work with everybody. Rob, do you know if this module can be installed only for specific resellers?

iGabe,

My apology for the late reply. If you want this module just because you are worry about cancellilng your account with us, then you should not worry. We have never given our customers troubles when they want to cancell your account (very unlikely). So if this is your only reason, then we may not install this for you.

Assuming there is no way this module is to be installed for specific resellers, then we may have another problem. For certain, this module make it easy for customers to cancel their accounts. Although everybody should make it easy for customers to cancel their account, perhaps (to be honest) nobody wants to make it too easy. Thus, I am not sure what other resellers may think about this module once we install this.

inTELLiGrunt
02-02-2005, 04:39 PM
I think that if a resellers' customer has a genuine problem with a reseller not refunding then that's an issue for FH. It would be if I were running FH. I personally would not tollerate a reseller that didn't refund for it would reflect on me. We have an honest host in FH, therefore it's only fair for FH to expect a reciprocal arrangement.

Everyone should be ethically obliged to ensure their customers can cancel without hassle, it's called risk.

Rob raises a very valid protection point.

IMHO, if you take money then you should be able to refund it by the means you acquire it, and a customer should not be made to be dependant on you.

iGabe
02-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Sorry guys, I think I confused you all in my last post. I'm not at all concerned about canceling my account with you guys. Honestly can't imagine wanting to do that considering how great FluidHosting looks :bow:

I only want to make sure my customers can cancel hassle-free. I've been reading forums like WebHostingTalk.com for several months now and I've seen how fast issues escalate when a client gets frustrated. Especially if they don't get a refund a.s.a.p.

If I'm being unreasonable and picky about wanting this module, please do tell me. I'm only a little web designer, not a host(yet). Slowly learning and working to make wise choices. :-)

P.S. I can't explicitly guaruntee a reply to customers concerns within even 72 hours all year round, as this will be a one-man operation until I am positive the business is stable and a good branch off of my normal web design services. If for whatever reason I was unable to reply to a customers concern and they needed/wanted to move, I think they should be able to. Is that fair reasoning or am I thinking about this all wrong?

FH-Dave
02-03-2005, 09:56 PM
iGabe,

We will install this for you and for our other resellers. May this bring comfort to your mind :)

iGabe
02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Excellent, thanks Dave, and everyone else too :)

Hope the module will help others too.