PDA

View Full Version : Big Step

nvphone
07-26-2003, 11:50 AM
I have been had more times then I can count by web hosts.
I believe I signed up in April?
Well, I am now paying 3 months in advance which is a BIG step for me with hosting companies.
Keep up the great work! Have 9 domains with them.

suzi
07-26-2003, 12:41 PM
That's certainly good to hear - I'm a new customer as of a few days ago. I read nothing but good recommendations on WHT!

I sent a help request and got a response in about 10 minutes. I was surprised and very happy. :D

Graeme
07-26-2003, 02:15 PM
So far it's been a very boring experience for me... The server just stays up, you can always connect, and everything works... I never realised it but I like boring hosting... So much less stressful than 'exciting' hosting :D

Middle age must be setting in :)

Graeme

awen
07-26-2003, 03:25 PM
Ditto, all the above! I like boring hosts too. Especially ones that don't announce they are taking "one of their servers that happens to be laying around and turning it into a gaming server" when in the middle of a rash of server related outages.

I also appreciate the forewarning of scheduled maintenance.

waicsco
07-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Ha Awen. Good times we had with that discussion. :p

Scott

suzi
07-26-2003, 06:29 PM
There seems to be a lot of refugees here. :)

Skibum
07-26-2003, 07:10 PM
I am a refugee of:
Featureprice.com, and Readyhosting.com

....and very happy to be where I am now. In fact I just upped for a whole year. Something I thought I would not do again.

AlexanderT
07-28-2003, 04:13 AM
I second your opinions. No problems whatsoever and sometimes I wonder: who is faster, the support team or the backbone they are using :P

waicsco
07-28-2003, 04:18 PM
From the looks of it, you can't go wrong with either. :D

I'm definitely liking what I see, so much so I think any host I choose will have to have Internap. You pay more, but really get more.

Scott

FH-Dave
07-28-2003, 10:49 PM
nvphone and Skibum,

Thank you for your confidence and trust in our service. We are looking forward to having a more flourishing relationship with you!

theOG
07-31-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by suzi
That's certainly good to hear - I'm a new customer as of a few days ago. I read nothing but good recommendations on WHT!

I sent a help request and got a response in about 10 minutes. I was surprised and very happy. :D

Are you the same suzi that jumped ship from GH? I'm from GH forum user "JTMAT". Welcome.

FH is a fine site. I'm very happy here... while the plans cost a little more (for features), they are WELL worth the money.

I don't think I'll every leave dave and jim... but I still don't understand how they can have this good of service? And that is a serious question.

Graeme
07-31-2003, 06:31 PM
but I still don't understand how they can have this good of service? And that is a serious question.

Good servers in a good datacenter with good connections. Plus they seem to test things before letting the public near them and pay a lot of attention to the details. And I guess that's why it costs a little bit more :)

Price does not seem to figure into their equation (or at least it's not the main consideration). The want to offer the very best they possibly can. Which, to me, is a good idea since it will cause less headaches and in turn reduce your support costs.

At the end of the day there will always be people who recognise that in hosting you get what you pay for, and those who don't.

If there is one thing they do different it's that they don't accept problems like other hosts do. They try to find the cause and fix it or look for a better overall solution.

That's how it looks to me anyway.

Graeme

suzi
07-31-2003, 09:50 PM
Are you the same suzi that jumped ship from GH? I'm from GH forum user "JTMAT". Welcome.

Yes, that's me. I'm glad to be here! I was reading your posts over there and wondering why you were still there to tell you the truth.

Thanks for the welcome - I think I'm in good company here. :D

waicsco
07-31-2003, 11:58 PM
Yep, there's a lot of GH refugees here.

I was reading your recent post on the GH forums and you mentioned you jumped ship a while back. I was about to PM you and ask you where you went, but I got my answer. :D Here's to hoping you can save those few customers who haven't found the light.

This place is looking better and better each day, now I just need to straighten up my finances and sign up. :p

Scott

theOG
08-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by suzi
I was reading your posts over there and wondering why you were still there to tell you the truth.

I STILL have a couple of customers/friends that I perform webmaster duties.... I used to have a dream of doing that full time, but now I mostly do for customers/friends who believed in me at one time and don't need major work, but backups done, newsletters sent, etc. Simple stuff. But it is still a JOB and I recommended GH to them back in Oct/Nov 02 when GH was doing OK. Most have left, but a couple remain because their sites are on the back burner for the most part... but they call me when it goes down.

I'm glad to see you guys here! Dave and Jim are ok in my book. I only hope they keep it up....

cnelson
08-29-2003, 09:10 AM
I was always trying to get on the Internap network because a lot of the people that use my website come from overseas - Internap simply has the best routing technologies if you need to reach far-away and less well-connected places.

I was paying $35 a month for "virutal hosting" to be connected to Internap's data center through a MAN (OC-3) - a leased line from Internap. There wasn't a bandwidth limit, but I only had something like 50 megs of storage space. What a ripoff!

I like having my website inside of a Internap data center with backup power, etc... and for about $20.00 less per month, with at least twice as much storage space and two database softwares to choose from,etc...

Fluidhosting is definitely a good deal. And the uptime is very very very good. The security patches are always kept up to date.

Highly recommended.