PDA

View Full Version : From a new VPS Customer

jwalk
03-07-2005, 11:11 AM
One of the reasons I chose Fluid Hosting was its reputation for customer support. I got my VPS account set up a few days ago.

There was a problem with the DNS records, which I discovered on Sunday. I sent an email to support, think that I wouldn't hear back until Monday. However, I got a reply within 10 minutes or so. Problem fixed, site up and running!

But wait, there's more! I run a PHP/MySQL driven web log, and the performance was extremely slow. Thanks to the valiant efforts of John, Alex, and Dave, my site is now running faster than ever. They upgraded software, installed new software, and did some other tweaking that I don't even understand. Again, this was all done on Sunday.

I am thoroughly impressed.

-John
J-Walk Blog (http://j-walkblog.com)

Graeme
03-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Now the staff will be hounded by all the other VPS customers wondering how to speed up their VPS evilbanana :banana: evilbanana :banana:

Maybe we should start betting... I've got $5 that says eAccelerator was installed :D

Welcome to the forum John... May your stay be a happy one :)

Graeme

FH-John
03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I think you'll like it here. :)

ai24
03-13-2005, 06:23 PM
i concur!

inTELLiGrunt
03-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Is there any chance that the speed of the VPS could become a unique selling point?

AutomatedOutlet
05-26-2005, 10:03 PM
I've heard good things as well about Fluidhosting - that's why I'm here snooping around.

I'm considering moving my eCommerce site here. We recently moved it to Verio but the site is way too slow... I'm really not looking forward to another move but I fear I have to.

I think it says a lot about a company that has an open forum and also asks for customer comments.

I'll do a little more snoopong and then probably be talking to my web guy about a move.

Thanks,

Martin