PDA

View Full Version : Windows Hosting / Reseller ?s

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Greetings!

Saw a recommendation for your service on WHT, and had a couple quick questions.

I currently do all my hosting on a linux based server, because that's what I'm familiar with. However, I now have a couple clients who need Windows hosting. One thing they need is WSE 2.0 as part of their setup, and I was wondering if that's included with your offerings.

Second, how quickly can I get setup and running with a reseller package?

Finally, what are my options for assigning dedicated IPs to the clients who might need them?>

Thanks so much for answering these questions!

FH-John
04-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Hello,

By WSE 2.0, are you referring to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/building/wse/default.aspx

Reseller package setup time varies. Our billing department is open Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM ET. However, accounts do sometimes get activated outside of those hours.

As for assigning dedicated IPs, the account packages come with an included number of dedicated IPs. You are free to assign those to whatever domains you wish.

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Wow....that was fast!

Amazing.

Yes, from what I can tell, that's the WSE the client is referring to.

FH-John
04-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, to be honest I'm not sure if we have WSE 2.0 installed or not. I'll check our server, and likely need to ask our Windows admin about it.

Unregistered
04-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks!

I appreciate you looking into it. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Unless you'd like me to contact you via email?

FH-John
04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Just keep watching the thread. If you happen to have another question please post it, or e-mail it. Either way is fine.

ono-neko
04-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi,

As far as I know, we do not have WSE installed on any of our Windows server. I am not sure if it will work with the control panel software we are currently using (compability, conflict, etc). I am asking the control panel developer and also an their forum. I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks again for looking into this for me. I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker for my client or not, I'm trying to find that out for myself.

ono-neko
04-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi,

Just want to let you know WSE 2.0 SP3 is already installed on our reseller Windows server.

Unregistered
04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks!

I'm off to signup now. :^D

I truly appreciate your efforts! I had heard good things about you guys, and this is a great start!