PDA

View Full Version : VPS hosting-some questions

icemocha
05-30-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm really interested in the Starter VPS package, I'm currently on a different host with different control panel.I've used HSPComplete only a few times & find it user friendly. Read through Fluid's forums & have some questions to ask prior to planning my move to Fluid. I'm still a real novice at server administration so bare with me. thanks

1. VPS will be using HSPComplete 3.1 ?
2. For each domain, i can have my clients change their email password via OPenwebmail or is it through the control panel.
3. Can my clients set the Out of office message themselves ?
4.Are the VPS already firewalled or do i have to manually configure IPtables to secure my vps.
5.If i decide to upgrade to advanced package will i be incurred a charge ?

thanks

FH-John
05-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Hello!

I'd be happy to answer your questions.

1) Our VPS accounts include HSPComplete 3.1, and Virtuozzo PowerPanel.

2) I believe you can change passwords via OpenWebmail. However, we do have a POP Password(poppassd) server that can be installed, and there are a number of interfaces available for it.

3) Unfortunately, auto-responders can only be setup via HSPc.

4) The only firewall rules we have in place are to block IRC traffic. However, we do have example rules available for usage, and we'd be happy to assist in setting them up.

5) There is no setup/upgrade fee for changing plans. Merely the differences in monthly costs.

icemocha
05-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Ok thanks for your reply,finally i would like to know if there is anyway or recommendations for the current vps setup to have antivirus scanning setup ? Or maybe a better solution would be to have get a seperate email hosting service to do that particular job
Finally i can have unlimited domains hosted on each my vps right ?
..thanks

FH-John
05-30-2005, 02:36 PM
You could certainly setup something like ClamAV to scan mail, however I have never configured it on a VPS before. I suspect there is likely a howto for integrating it with Sendmail on the internet.

As for unlimited domains, certainly. We don't impose any direct limits, however you are limited to disk space, etc.