PDA

View Full Version : (pre-sales) SSL alternatives [Win]

nopun
06-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I am having horrible experiences with webhosts, so looking to change after only 2 weeks because of a myriad of problems.

FluidHosting has potential, however there is one big issue: No Shared SSL.

I do not have my own certificate, nor is that an option$$$. The only need that I have for SSL is to secure order forms (form and formmail pages).

Form and formmail sent from ASP page. Email format HTML.

Any alternative suggestions? (I'm not finding much hope on web.)

---------

P.S. -- Posters, please specify whether you are referring to *nix or Win* hosting in your posts.

For example: I read the forums for hours and got all excited when I read a post about the SSL add-on. Only to find out from FH sales call that they do not offer it for Windows. (Tech person said because they find it doesn't work well on Windows. Wonder how all the other Win hosts are handling that.)

FH-Dave
06-10-2005, 05:51 PM
nopun,

Shared SSL is not available on Windows because of IIS6 limitation. If you need cheap SSL certificate, try buying from EV1servers.net (http://ev1servers.net/english/index.asp). They resell SSL certificates and the cheapest is $14.95 per year. Do note that with your own SSL certificate, you will need a dedicated IP. Thus, only our Starter or above plans will work.

Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.