PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Hosting Is Hiring. Immediate Positions Available

FH-Dave
08-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Greetings Members!

Fluid Hosting, LLC has several immediate remote and local positions with immediate hiring. This is your chance to join one of the fastest growing companies with great reputation and to work with a great team of people.

Below are the essential requirements:

1. You must live within US. You will be hired as an independent contractor (1099).
2. You must be of legal age to be bound by contracts.
3. You must not own/co-own/partially-own another hosting company. Strong preference will be given to those who are not affiliated with any hosting company (own or work) as all of these positions may lead into full employment.
4. You must provide references (minimum 3)
5. You must allow us to do background check on you
6. You must be highly motivated, energetic, highly-skilled, passionate people, and dedicated yet still willing to learn more.
7. Team players. You will be working as a team
8. Fluent in English.

Please note that preference will be given for people who live close to the datacenter (Secaucus, NJ) or those who are willing to relocate. Further preferences will be given to the people depending on the job position (see below).

Below are the positions opened and the requirements for each position.

Level 1 Tech Support
Number of Openings: 3

Requirements:
- internet access (broadband or 24/7 connection preferred)
- phone line (for phone support)
- Knowledge of HSphere Control Panel (end user) inside out.
- Familiarity with basic Unix file permissions
- Familiarity with common/basic CGI problems
- Ability to do basic troubleshooting (e.g. checking for problems on DNS, mails, network, etc).
- Preference will be given to people who are also familiar with scripting language (the more you know, the more preference you will have) such as Perl, PHP, ASP, ASP.Net, etc
- Preference will be given to people who knows other Control Panel, especially (in order of importance): HSPcomplete and CPanel/WHM
- Very Strong preference will be given to people with location within 30 miles of this zip code: 07094-1908

Duties:
1. You will login to our support ticket system backend and answer/reply pre-sales or support tickets.
2. You will answer pre-sales and support phone calls
3. Analyze problems and escalate problems to Junior Admin / Level 2 Support as necessary.

This is a remote position and after finishing training, this will lead to 20-40 hours/week position with hourly pay.

Level 2 / Junior System Administrator
Number of Openings: 2

Requirements:
- internet access (broadband or 24/7 connection preferred)
- phone line (for phone support)
- All of the above Level 1 Tech Support requirements
- 2-3 years of experience with *nix OS, especially FreeBSD, RedHat Linux, FC, and CentOS.
- Good knowledge of the following applications: Web Server (apache, etc), FTP server (proftpd, etc), Mail server (sendmail, qmail, exim, etc), Database server (mysql, pgsql), Name Server (BIND), and et cetera. You should be able to install these applications (compile from source, rpm, ports, etc)
- basic knowledge of ipfw and iptables
- some experience in general OS problem troubleshooting (e.g. kernel panic, fsck drives, change password in single user mode, etc)
- Preference will be given to those having experience with other control panels, such as (in order of importance): Cpanel/WHM, CP+, Webmin/Usermin, etc.
- Strong preference will be given to those having experience with Virtuozzo or HSPcomplete.
- Very Strong preference will be given to people with Windows 2000/2003 Server knowledge (IIS5/II6, MSSQL, etc).
- Very Strong preference will be given to people with location within 30 miles of this zip code: 07094-1908

Duties:
1. you will login to our support ticket system backend and answer/reply pre-sales or support tickets. You will assist customers in upgrading/installing applications, solving problems on their server or VPS, etc
2. You will answer pre-sales and support phone calls
3. Analyze problems and escalate problems to Senior Admin / Level 3 Support as necessary.

This is a remote position and after finishing training, this will lead to 20-40 hours/week position with hourly pay. Full employment with benefits is also possible for well qualified candidates.

On-Site Technicians
Number of Openings: 3

Requirements:
- Valid Driving License
- Your own car
- Must be located within 20 miles or within 20 minutes of this zip code: 07094-1908.
- reachable anytime; must have home phone and/or cell phone
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware assembly

Duties:
You will be dispatched to the data center as necessary to do assist our admins that may work remotely, for example: rebooting server, mounting a slave hard drive to a server, moving ethernet cables from one port to another, etc.

This is an on-call position. Mileage to and from data center will be reimbursed at $0.37 / miles. Pay rate for on call job varies, but you will not receive less than least $50/incidence (plus mileage reimbursement)

Do you think you are the right person for the positions? If so, please send your resumes and references to: dave[at]fluidhosting.com. These are immediate positions. You can start immediately. So send us your resumes/references

theOG
08-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Oh, wow... guess WE are growing... :buttrock:

I'll send this out to a couple people I know... :wave:

FH-Dave
08-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Send us your best people :D We hire only the best :buttrock:

inTELLiGrunt
08-20-2005, 04:19 PM
He he, hold the interview on IRC and we'll ensure you get the best :D

inTELLiGrunt
08-21-2005, 06:33 PM
As the job opening will attract people, I was thinking maybe it's time for a marketing competition open to colleges, schools, and universities.

Graeme
08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
I think there should be at least one female member of staff :)

One of the best sysadmins I ever met was a woman ;)

Graeme

inTELLiGrunt
08-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Yes, isn't there something in US employment legislation that requires a balance? ;) The best project manager I ever met was a woman :hail:

theOG
08-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Have a feeling dave to going to tread lightly on this issue and respond with something like: we are looking for the best qualified person to fill our positions. Man or Woman. :)

Thought I would save him the typing... ;)

inTELLiGrunt
08-21-2005, 07:30 PM
FH-Woman sort of has a nice ring to it :D

theOG
08-21-2005, 07:32 PM
The current FH-Woman: http://www.fluidhosting.com/services.php evilbanana :help:

inTELLiGrunt
08-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah, you know, you've just put me off :yuck:

inTELLiGrunt
08-21-2005, 08:11 PM
wrt my earlier post on a marketing competition; this would bring hits from more than the competitors, and it would be just as applicable to resellers as it would be to FH. Commission welcomed :D

FH-Dave
08-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Yes, isn't there something in US employment legislation that requires a balance?

Actually, some Federal anti-discrimination laws only applies employers with more than a minimum number of employees:

Title VII (race, national origin, religion, and sex) - employers with 15 or more employees
Age Discrimination (over 40 years old only)- employers with 20 or more employees
Americans with Disabilities act (physical or mental disability) - employers with 15 or more employees
Equal Pay Act (wage discrimination against sex) - All Employers
Civil Rights Act of 1866 (Race) - All Employers
Immigration Reform and Control At (Citizenship status, national origin) - employers with 4 or more employees

Though, we certainly welcome female employees :)

One of the best sysadmins I ever met was a woman

Send her our way :)

inTELLiGrunt
08-22-2005, 04:33 AM
Considering someone unemployable based on factors outside their control (race, nationality, age, sex, disability) is wrong whatever the number of employees a company has. Such laws only serve to send a message to a subset of the candidate pool that they needn't bother applying, hurting both employers and prospective employees. Personally, I would encourage anyone to take a pop at a job if they truly believed they could deliver what the company needed.

Graeme
08-22-2005, 05:47 AM
I agree with you Int. but it can also force companies/people into recognising the potential of disabled people.

Graeme

inTELLiGrunt
08-22-2005, 06:01 AM
You are right Graeme, it's the qualifying criteria that allows discrimination up to a certain size that needs to go.