PDA

View Full Version : Signed up but have a few questions!

TomD
09-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I have just signed up and got a dead page with a scripting issue after confirming the amount to pay. This normal :confused:

Secondly, please can you let me know your DNS servers so I can get the domain propergating.

Kind regards,
Tom

FH-John
09-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Hi Tom,

Scripting error, isn't normal. If you could give us some more info about it, we'll see what we can do.

As for DNS, here's our name servers:

ns1.fluidhosting.com
ns2.fluidhosting.com
ns3.fluidhosting.com

TomD
09-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the swift reply.

I believe my pop-up blocker was the cause! Often the case.

Updated the DNS with Nominet, can't add the ns3.* server as there was only two name server boxes.

Kind regards,
Tom

inTELLiGrunt
09-05-2005, 05:50 PM
John will correct me if I'm wrong :thumbup: but you might want ns1 and ns3, or ns2 and ns3 if you can only set two name servers because as ns1 and ns2 are in a different location to ns3. As someone with a gaggle of .co.uk's I'm surprised you can only set 2 name servers. P.S. Welcome to FH, your last ever host :D

TomD
09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
John will correct me if I'm wrong :thumbup: but you might want ns1 and ns3, or ns2 and ns3 if you can only set two name servers because as ns1 and ns2 are in a different location to ns3. As someone with a gaggle of .co.uk's I'm surprised you can only set 2 name servers. P.S. Welcome to FH, your last ever host :D

I notice when doing a trace on dnsreport.com I get several warnings about not using ns3.*

So I should change to ns2.* and ns3.* with Nominet?

Kind regards,
Tom

FH-John
09-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Tom,

A good combination would be ns1 and ns3, or ns2 and ns3. At this time, ns3 is located a different facility than ns1, and ns2.