PDA

View Full Version : Reseller Questions - Common scripts?

amcgill
09-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi all,

I'm contemplating getting a reseller account. A few questions about how it works. I'm assuming that the Support requests for accounts under my reseller account would come to me not to Fluid.

Can I install scripts in the reseller space that are accessible to all accounts under the reseller account?

Does the reseller have SSH access?

Any caveats, gotcha's or advice for me as I decide whether to go with a reseller account?

TIA

FH-John
09-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm assuming that the Support requests for accounts under my reseller account would come to me not to Fluid.

That's correct. Support requests will end up in a ticket system within H-Sphere, that is accessed via your reseller login.

Can I install scripts in the reseller space that are accessible to all accounts under the reseller account?

That depends on how you intend to access them, or what they do.

A reseller can request SSH access to their account. However, you wouldn't have access to your customer's accounts.

imperfectparent
09-12-2005, 04:52 PM

I have a related question (or maybe this is what the OP meant) -- as a reseller, are my customers allowed SSH access to their accounts?

I guess a more global question would be, is all of the functionality I now currently enjoy as a Fluidhosting customer available to resell?

FH-John
09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
I have a related question (or maybe this is what the OP meant) -- as a reseller, are my customers allowed SSH access to their accounts?

Your customers can request SSH access via you. Then you'd relay their request, and reason for it, to us. At which point, we can then approve or deny the request.

I guess a more global question would be, is all of the functionality I now currently enjoy as a Fluidhosting customer available to resell?

We offer our resellers all the same features as our shared hosting. If you require MS SQL though, we offer that as an additional plan/service.