PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Live Support, 24/7 online support made better!

FH-Dave
03-15-2006, 06:32 PM
As some of you may know, lately we have been testing Kayako's Live Support and so far it has been working well. Thus, effective immediately, we will be offering online support through Live Support and we will be discontinuing our IRC support.

There are several reasons to prefer Live Support than IRC:

First of all, customer will not need to install an IRC client. Simply visit our web site and click the "Online Support" button to talk to our support technicians.
Live Support offer a private online support sessions between you and us. No longer will you need to be confused with answers that are not addressed to you (as in the case with IRC support). Furthermore, you can now give us important information (e.g. server IP, account name, password, etc) in a more private manner.
In addition to being a private online support mechanism, Live Support allows a conference mode, where more than one tech support personnels can work with you.
Live Support enables us to log/keep track of all online support sessions, just like with support tickets. Such logging capability is not as extensive with IRC online support.

I am also proud to say that online support through Live Support is now offered 24/7. Feel free to catch us anytime.

Having said this, IRC will not be completely eliminated. As usual, you can still hang out together in #afterhours. When you are connected to #support, you will now be asked to use Live Support.

Enjoy our new Live Support! :banana:

dagta
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Very nice, Dave! :)

inTELLiGrunt
03-16-2006, 05:10 AM
Oh dear :(

warrisr
03-16-2006, 10:28 AM
This is a terrific addition to the already great support supplied by FluidHosting.

Thanks!

theOG
03-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Phone/email/chat... how many people provide support during the day and night?

I'm thinking if there is an issue with a server, no one would be able to get through and you would have emails from chat and support, with phone messages to return as well.

While I commend FH on the new chat, I wonder if the "chat" feature should only be for sales questions?

FH-Dave
03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm thinking if there is an issue with a server, no one would be able to get through and you would have emails from chat and support, with phone messages to return as well.

If there is emergency issues going on, then we will most likely have more than one persons working the shift. This has always been the case.

While I commend FH on the new chat, I wonder if the "chat" feature should only be for sales questions?

We have been offering online support through IRC. However, IRC is onyl a solution for fewer people as not everybody knows what an IRC is, not to mention how to install an IRC client, connect to IRC server, et cetera. Ever since we started using Live Support, we have had more people coming to us for support which they never have had if we continue using IRC.

At this moment, Live Support may have some problems with Mac users. However, with Live Support, we still have more users being benefited with Live Support than they do with IRC. So, for this reason alone, I still have to go ahead with Live Support :)

Thank you for those people who have come to our Live Support today. It's good to know you support and appreciate what we do! :)

PS: Just reminder, #afterhours in IRC is still open for everybody :)

FH-Dave
03-18-2006, 06:54 AM
As this thread is meant only for announcement for current and future customers, I am moving some of the more tangent discussions to customer only forums as it's a more appropriate place for it.