PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress

johny
07-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi....

to the point :

01. does fluidhosting support to installing wordpress ?

02. supoort for multi domain hosting on one account ?

ono-neko
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi Johny,

1) We do not provide WordPress as part of the control panel provided scripts, however, you are welcome to manually install it under your account.

2) Yes, you can host multiple domains under one account as can be seen in our comparison page at http://www.fluidhosting.com/comparison.php.

florin
08-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Hi Johnny,

I'm a FH customer.

I did install wordpress on my FH account last year and save for a little issue with the installation wizard (if I remember well, wordpress had a little documentation error related to some config settings, but I figured it out in about 10 minutes), it worked just fine for me - for testing purposes anyway - we use our proprietory CMS for production websites.

But if you need help with installing wordpress on your FH account and you get into trouble, just post your problems over here and I'll do my best to sort it out. Other FH customers might help you, too - each time I had a technical question about MySQL, PHP, Apache or the like, I asked here and a lot of people gave me a hand out of it.

PS. I think I remember what was the problem with the wordpress version I used - there was somewhere in some wordpress config file, a name for the mysql server that was set to localhost by default and you had to change it to the FH mysql server to make it work - the wordpress installation documentation didn't mention anything about that.