PDA

View Full Version : G'day all

Black Cobra
11-29-2006, 10:26 PM
I have just been told of this place. The plans look wicked.

Anyhow just a few q's.

I am a relative newbie to this server side of things. I have been with www.geekydesigns.com for all my hosting life.

But would like to move over to this place on the large unix plan.
I have around 500 mg sitting on the other server including my database for my VB forums. How would I go about transfering it over to here?
And naturally not losing any posts and so forth..

Now the downtime in the DNS transfer is around 2 days?

Also with payment, if I choose to pay for 3 months, it'll cost me 67US roughly, what then happens in 3 months time, do I get automatically billed for another 3 months or can i pay for 1 month and so on..

I use Cpanel currently. Do you you use it as well??

I also run VBSeo. I know i remember seeing somehting about Zend or Ioncube i think it was, do you run either of that?

Crontabs, can i set them up or do you?

I think thats it for now.
Sorry for the newbish questions.. :cool:

William
11-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey Black Cobra. Welcome aboard. I knew you couldn't resist. :D

Black Cobra
11-29-2006, 10:36 PM
well i am here, i'll make a decision shortly..

FH-John
11-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Hello!

I have around 500 mg sitting on the other server including my database for my VB forums. How would I go about transfering it over to here? And naturally not losing any posts and so forth..

We always assist customer with migration to make sure the smooth migration process. How big is the database itself? As for moving the database, have your old host generate a dump file, which we could then import. Or if your host allow remote connection to their database server, we can also create this database dump file from our end, as long as you provide us with your database credentials.

Now the downtime in the DNS transfer is around 2 days?

If planned carefully, we can minimize downtime on your website. Two days is typically worst case. DNS is usually updated in under 24 hours.

Also with payment, if I choose to pay for 3 months, it'll cost me 67US roughly, what then happens in 3 months time, do I get automatically billed for another 3 months or can i pay for 1 month and so on..

The prepayment (with discount) is considered a service contract. At the end of the billing period, the contract will automatically renew for the same duration.

I use Cpanel currently. Do you you use it as well??

We use H-Sphere for our control panel. You will see that H-Sphere is a more capable control panel than CPanel. H-Sphere offers true multi-domain hosting.

I also run VBSeo. I know i remember seeing somehting about Zend or Ioncube i think it was, do you run either of that?

We have Zend installed.

Crontabs, can i set them up or do you?

Yes, you can setup cron jobs via the control panel.

FH-Dave
11-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Hi Black Cobra,

Welcome to our community forums. I hope you will like what you see around here and we are eager to have you on board! Our tech support will assist you with your domain/website migration to make sure everything go smoothly.

I have added my replies to John's reply above. Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns about our service.

William
11-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Wouldn't it be true that before the end of the three months he could upgrade to a yearly contract?

Black Cobra
11-29-2006, 11:49 PM
or downgrade to a month depending on my finances..

FH-Dave
11-29-2006, 11:51 PM
Yes, of course. You can change your billing term before the end of the billing day. Just let us know you want to do so in advance so we can make sure it's done properly. If you do not let us know, then the billing system will ensure you will continue with the same contract duration.

Black Cobra
12-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Ok I will be signing up with a 3 month plan.

I am hoping to do this on Tuesday my time next week. What do I need to do prior to this??

Black Cobra
12-04-2006, 02:22 AM
OK I am ready to purchase, what now?

Black Cobra
12-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Well I have registered :D

Now I await for your instructions..

FH-Dave
12-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I have activated your account. Welcome aboard! :)

Black Cobra
12-04-2006, 11:36 AM
How do I go about transfering my current database to the new site?

ono-neko
12-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi,

You want to create a sql dump file of your current database, create the database from your account's control panel, then use the phpmyadmin to upload your sql dump file to your newly created database.

If the database if big and phpmyadmin time out in uploading the dump file, you can FTP it to your account and we can help you restoring the database. If your other host allow remote connection, you can provide us with the database info, and we can move the database for you.

Please open a ticket by sending an e-mail to support[at]fluidhosting.com and let us know your account info and any additional info that can be useful for use to assist you moving your database. Also, for speedy response for any support questions/issue, it will be best to send an e-mail to support[at]fluidhosting.com instead of using the forum board.

William
12-04-2006, 11:18 PM
And make sure you use the email you signed up with.

Black Cobra
12-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Email sent.

FH-Dave
12-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Did you just send email recently? I don't think we ever received email from you. What email address are you sending it too? For shared hosting customer, the best way to contact support is by opening a ticket from the control panel. The second best way would be to email us at support [at] fluidhosting.com (Change '[at]' with @). Third best way is to use the Live Support.

William
12-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Someone might want to fix BC's email posted there before the spammers find him. ;)

Black Cobra
12-05-2006, 01:19 AM
can you remove the above post please?

FH-Dave
12-05-2006, 01:24 AM
OK, we got your email. However, the Gmail mail server, at least the one that used for your email, was blacklisted. Thus, our mail server tagged your email as spam. I have recreated the support email for you.

In the future, if you do not receive a confirmation email from us after sending email to support, billing, etc, it's indication that we do not receive your email, for whatever reason.

For now, we are all good. And I have deleted your post :)

Black Cobra
12-05-2006, 01:27 AM
ok.

How long do you think it will take for the database change?
And when I upload, I upload it under my site names folder?

FH-John
12-05-2006, 01:33 AM
How long do you think it will take for the database change?

I'm in the process of importing the database, i'm not sure how long it will take to complete.

And when I upload, I upload it under my site names folder?

That's correct.

Black Cobra
12-05-2006, 09:18 AM
What are the numbers after the dns servers?

William
12-05-2006, 10:31 AM
email or live support will get your answers to you quicker.