PDA

View Full Version : Backup service for VPS customers

FH-Dave
11-30-2006, 10:03 AM
After months of testing, we are proud to introduce daily backup to all VPS customers. Our dedicated VPS backup server will do daily incremental backup and weekly full backup of your VPS.

Furthermore, server-side backup will now store your VPS backup off the VPS host node (onto our dedicated VPS backup server). This is to ensure that your data backup will always be stored safely.

This service is included free of charge for current and future customers. Enjoy!

William
12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Very nice new feature.

William
12-31-2006, 09:49 AM
So our VPS' are currently being backed up I take it? I wanted to clarify so I know wether I need to still make my own backups. Thanks

theOG
12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
So our VPS' are currently being backed up I take it? I wanted to clarify so I know wether I need to still make my own backups. Thanks

I can answer that... :cool: ... yes, you do need to make your own backups. No matter what the host says, a customer should always have his/her own backups. Never know what could happen...

I guess you could only do weekly or twice a month backups now... instead of daily backups. Although, no matter what, I would keep a current backup, even if it meant daily backups.

I would consider the host backups as another fail-safe in my data recovery plan. I don't think you can ever have too many backups, if the data is important. (well, within reason.)

FH-John
12-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Even though we are backing up the data, it's always best to maintain your own backups, just in case.