PDA

View Full Version : program installations

Unregistered
01-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi,

I just learned of VPS today. Can I install software like dialdictate from NCH on it? What it does is to answer voip calls and record the dictations of our clients.

thanks

FH-Dave
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our VPS.

On a VPS, you should be able to install pretty much any applications on it because VPS acts like a dedicated server. However, we personally have no experience with your application. Several of our VPS customers have used their VPS as a VoIP server, so most likely the application you use will also work on a VPS.

In the event the application does not work with your VPS, you may request for our 30 day unconditional money back guarantee. This policy is offered to customers who initially sign up with monthly billing.

Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Unregistered
01-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the fast reply!

Is the built-in remote control software like VNC or logme-in wherein I can see the desktop of the OS, say Windows server? How fast is the connection to the internet. Can I use it as FTP server at the same time? Sorry for the n00b questions.

thanks!

FH-Dave
01-25-2008, 01:35 PM
If you use Windows VPS, then you can use Remote Desktop to connect to your VPS. The linux VPS does not support X-window, so you can simply use SSH to manage your VPS.

FTP server can be installed on the VPS. In fact, you can do pretty much everything with your VPS. The only considerations we expect you to follow is our Acceptable Use Policy and our Terms Of Service. Other than that, it's your server, use it as you see fit :)