PDA

View Full Version : Honesty, support (helpdesk) and billing need to be improved

DevGate
11-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Hello there,

First of all , your hosting services are very great, its really fast , no troubles have occurred since I signed up with you (about 3 months ago), and that why I haven't tried FH's helpdesk ever before

However, I hope you don't become sad of me , but when I tried to renew, I made the payment and finished it HSPcomplete didn't show any errors, I waited lot time, but my VPS still not working, so I went to HSPC CP, my account still on hold, I checked Orders, the order I done still 'Open' ?! it should be 'Completed' or 'Pending' at least, I contacted billing department, Dave told me that my credit card declined the transaction, I replied and told him to tell me if he sure that my credit card wasn't charged , but no reply at all, so, I made the same payment again with a different credit card, the same thing happened again !! I contacted billing department since more than 3 hours , no reply, no answer .. VPS still down , can't get my email work again (which I need it too much)

I also might be charged twice which means double the amount ... I'm still trying to get answer or any response .. But seems that very hard here :( ..

FH Staff, Please don't become sad of me, but this exactly what happened to me, and I'm still waiting an answer , so *please* help me..

Regards

FH-Dave
11-06-2003, 09:00 AM
DevGate,

We process all cc payment manually, and usually your credit card will be charged 7 days before the invoice date to ensure a smooth continuation of your account. Your VPS was suspended because of a long overdue payment. Furthermore, we only handle all billing and sales inquiries during business hours, Monday to Friday, 9-5 PM EST.

I have just processed your last payment. Your account is now active and your VPS should be running. Please make sure that your account is up to date in the future.

Let us know if you have any further difficulty with your VPS.

DevGate
11-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Hello Dave,

I knew you won't let me alone :)

Thanks very much for supporting ..

Regards.

Graeme
11-06-2003, 01:25 PM
I also might be charged twice which means double the amount ...

Same thing happened to me (except 4 times not twice). The transaction is authorised but doesn't get taken from the account. The authorisation will expire within 2 weeks so you wont technically get charged. It's still annoying though since it severely impedes any urges you have to run up your credit card to the max :)

FRB
11-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Firstly, I want to say that I was with fluidhosting for 6 months on a virtual hosting plan, and i never had _any_ problems with any of their services.

However, when i went to renew my account, there was a billing problem. When billing my CC, the fluidhosting system always thought the payment was denied, but my CC issuer was authorizing it every time.... So i was unable to make the payment and had to terminate the account.

I should say they were very paitent and gave me about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months of unpaid for hosting while we tried to resolve the issue.

Just wondering FHDave & Co, did this issue get fixed? was it just my CC/issuer?

This is the only thing stopping me signing up for a VPS account in the near future...

Thanks.

P.s. - How easy is it to upgrade to a bigger "size" VPS once you have bought one?

FH-Dave
11-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Hi FRB,

This is how it works with on credit card payment. Initially, the merchant processor (on our case, it's Authorize.Net) will make an authorization charge to your credit card on behalf of us. If the authorization charge is approved, the charge will be settled within the next 24 hours. If the credit card is declined, these authorization charges will be dropped, eventually. It may take up to two weeks before these authorization charges are dropped. Unfortunately, until it is dropped, the authorization charges will look like a valid charge and it will take out your available credit line. Although the customer may not know/confirm whether a transaction is accepted/declined, we know this immediately through our merchant processor.

There can be several reasons for declined transactions:
1. AVS (Address Verification System) error. AVS is used to verify each order. The billing address on our record must match the billing address on record with your bank/company. Most of the declined transactions are due to AVS error. Again, although the transactions are declined, the authorization charges are still made on your credit card. We can simply turn AVS if we wanted too, but we prefer to keep it as a way to screen any fraudulent orders. Otherwise, somebody can simply enter any address on a stolen credit card and we would process it. We have seen that some foreign credit card has difficulties with AVS, though we have also processed many foreign credit cards successfully more than those declined.
2. No available credits on the credit card. Usually we will just get a "credit card declined" error without any further explanation
3. Expired credit card. Again, the error we receive will simpy by "credit card declined".
4. Other reason (Credit card terminated, etc).

Although I can guess, I am not particularly sure who you are, FRB. But the only way to tell whether the problem is fixed is by trying to charge your credit card again :)

We accept alternative payment methods, in the event credit card payment is problematic. One way is to do it via paypal (http://www.paypal.com/) which has been great for us, though it's only available through very limited number of countries. Another way is through wire transfer, with additional wire transfer fee. So I will suggest you to try opening up a paypal account (Free) and do transaction with us through paypal.

Upgrading a VPS can be done easily without any downtime from your VPS control panel.

I hope I have answered everbody's concerns and questions here :)

DevGate
11-07-2003, 01:46 AM
Dave,
Have you tried iKobo.com ? its really great, I have account with them, they are very good and support too many countries

ono-neko
07-07-2004, 03:13 PM
The rest of the thread has been moved to After Hours (http://forum.fluidhosting.com/showthread.php?t=1029) section, since it's unrelated to the original topic.