PDA

View Full Version : New icons for the control panel

visualpharm
11-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Hello Fluid Hosting team,

it seems I've found a hosting provider which rocks! I'm your customer for half year, and will stay with you in future.

Maybe you want some new icons for your control panel? I'm pretty sure customers will like them, and you can pay with hosting.

My web site with portfolio is VisualPharm.com. Btw, I was working for SWsoft, which is your partner :)

Thanks,
Ivan.

FH-Dave
11-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Ivan,

Do you know that I have been wanting to contact you for months regarding this as well as other things I have in mind? For some reasons, I have been putting this off. Now that you mentione it, we are on the right track already. Please contact me off board, and I will discuss this with you.

BTW, [I believe] Ivan makes great icons/designs. For you who use HSP Complete Control Panel, those icons are Ivan's :)

Richard
11-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by FHDave
BTW, [I believe] Ivan makes great icons/designs. For you who use HSP Complete Control Panel, those icons are Ivan's :)

I agree, very nice icons. In fact, the overall design of the HSP CP is clean and accessible compared to others I've seen/tried.

While I understand that both HSPhere and CPanel/WHM provide many more features in their cp's, I think they've been around long enough now that it's about time they started to give serious thought to the information management/layout of their products -- pretty cluttered and unattractive IMO -- which can be pretty important, depending on your client/target.

Keep up the good work Ivan :)

visualpharm
11-22-2003, 01:22 AM
I guess the cluttered interface appears when several programmers work on their own, without a UI designer watching them all.

There should be some single person (or team of UI designers for extremely large applications) who will review all the interface and tell how it should be.

When every programmer thinks up UI for his part of work, the interface becomes cluttered.

For those, who have checked the Administrator's console for HSPcomplete, may see that it's huge, but still clean. There's much to do, I don't tell it's perfect (so we wanted to make really useful dashboards), but still it's clean.