PDA

View Full Version : Some pre-sale questions

Tony
04-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Hi All,
I an very interested is having Fluid Hosting host my web sites. I am very impressed so far from the many reviews i've read on the net, and i also feel comfortable knowing your in a InterNap datacenter.(enough with the butt kissing:D )

One of my websites is primarily based on hosting mailing lists (not spam) for a City of NY agency. We currently have 3 active announcement lists running with about 150 subscribers per list. To get a better idea what i do, go to the website in my profile. Email server stability is my main concern.
What is your server configuration?
Do you have separate servers for dns/mail/mysql/web?
Do you have any up-time reports for the past few months?
How many support persons do you have on staff?
Can you create a custom Virtual hosting plan for me?

Thats all i can think of at the moment.

Thanks,
Tony Dioguardi

FH-Dave
04-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your interest in our service. Please find below answers to your questions.

> What is your server configuration?
> Do you have separate servers for dns/mail/mysql/web?

Yes, we have separate servers to server DNS/mail/mysql/web. Your site will be served not only by one server, but three servers in general:
- DNS/Mail/Control Panel server: P3/800Mhz, 1GB ECC memory, 7200 rpm IDE in RAID1
- Dedicated MySQL/PgSQL server: P3T/1.13Ghz, 2GB ECC memory, SCSI3 U160 10000 rpm drives in RAID1
- Web servers: Dual P3/1Ghz, 4GB memory, SCSI3 U160 10000 rpm drive for our Unix Performance Plans (Unix Economy to Unix Power Plans) or P3T/1.13Ghz, 512MB memory, SCSI3 U160 10000 rpm drive for our Unix Value Plans (Unix Value and Unix Light plans)

We will also be integrating our Xeon 2.4Ghz (dual capable) server, 2GB DDR memory, and SCSI3 U160 drives as web servers for our Unix Performance Plan.

> Do you have any up-time reports for the past few months?

Per our SLA (http://www.fluidhosting.com/sla.php) we guarantee network uptimes, the uptime of all of our hardware/equipments and applications/software. This means, we also guarantee the uptime of our mysql, mail, httpd, etc to be at least 99.9%.

We do not yet have any external uptime reports. The network uptime for the past few months have been 100%. We do have some short interruptions/downtime. Sometimes our web servers are saturated and hence all requests to our web servers were denied. Usually this is fixed shortly, as soon as our internal monitoring software alerts us. The last long downtime was due to a power failure on one of our web servers (in March), and the downtime was around 2.5 hours.

> How many support persons do you have on staff?

Currently there are five; three part timer and two full time.

> Can you create a custom Virtual hosting plan for me?

Unfortunately, we do not offer such customization.

Thank you once again for your interest in our service. Should you have further questions/concerns, you know where to contact us :)