PDA

View Full Version : Migration Plan for All Shared Hosting Customers

FH-Dave
06-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Yes, we are ready for the migration of all shared hosting customers. The following email has been sent to all customers.

Dear Valued Customer,

As a follow up to our June 1st email, we are sending this email with details concerning the migration of all shared hosting customers. We will come up with a migration plan of reseller customers within the next 30 days. Please note that until your account is migrated, you will continue to log in to your account through your current account login.

Migration for all shared customers will be performed in two separate steps:

Until June 30th, 2017, you will have the option to do a voluntary migration in exchange for three months of service credit. We have created new and better shared hosting plans for you. To participate in this migration window, simply purchase one of our new shared hosting plan at https://www.fluidhosting.com/shared.php. Please note that we have partnered with a new domain registrar. Thus, if you have your domain registered through us, you will need to do a domain transfer. This domain transfer extends your domain expiration year by one year. During this migration, our support staff will be standing by should you need any assistance. In order to receive the three-month service credit, your old account must be terminated by June 30th, 2017.
Starting on July 1st, 2017, we will perform mass migration for the rest of customers. During this second migration window, all remaining customers will be migrated to the new plans while keeping the same hosting plans. We estimate we may need around one-two months to migrate all remaining customers.

We have provided some Q/A to help explain this migration process.

Q: Is there any change in Fluid Hosting’s management? Is Fluid Hosting being sold?
No, Fluid Hosting is not being sold. And at this moment, there is no change in the management. The only change there is our renewed commitment to our customers by offering our customers much better services.

Q: I want to keep my current plan/pricing. What do I need to do?
You need not do anything. We will continue to honor what you have now. If you want to keep your current plan, you will have to wait for us to do the migration for you. This second step of the migration plan will start on July 1st, 2017.

Q: My current plan has worked for me for many years. Why do I need to migrate?
While your current plan may work well for you, we believe that this migration is still necessary. The old shared hosting infrastructure is aging. More importantly, HSphere is no longer being developed since 2013. As time goes, the current HSphere infrastructure has become more and more obsolete. Plesk is one of the most commonly used hosting environment in the market with active developers and community supporting it. We believe that Plesk will enable our customers to keep up with the demands of the modern web.

Q: Can you let me know how the new hosting plans differ from the old plans?
The new hosting plan comes with more generous resources. In fact, for a limited time, we are offering unlimited everything (unlimited domains, unlimited storage, unlimited data transfer, unlimited email accounts, and unlimited database) on our Premium plan. One of the main differences between the old and the new hosting plans is the way you can make use of the storage. For example, under the old hosting plan, you only receive a fixed storage for each database (e.g., 250 MB). If your database requires additional storage, you will have to purchase additional storage. On the new hosting plans, your database is not limited to any particular size. The only time you will pay for additional storage is if you exceed your total account storage.

Q: Will there be a change of IP?
Yes, the new Plesk environment will have different IP blocks. Thus, all shared and dedicated IP will change.

Q: Will the migration involve downtime?
If carefully planned, downtime can be minimized or even eliminated. Until you cancel your old account, your website will reside on both the old and new hosting platforms. This allows your website to be served on both old and new servers during DNS migration. Our support staff can assist you to make sure your migration process be as smooth as possible.

Should you have any further questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by opening a ticket from your account control panel.

Sincerely,
System Administrtor
Fuid Hosting LLC

coaster
06-08-2017, 11:03 PM
If an existing customer takes advantage of your generous offer with respect to early migration, opens the new account, and closes the existing account, will there be any other actions necessary to enable continued operation of the customer's websites?? For example: changes to name-server assignments, copying, moving or re-uploading website files, website server directives, database migrations or redefinition and repopulation, etc, etc. More information, please!! Thanks, Tim

FH-Dave
06-10-2017, 11:02 AM
If an existing customer takes advantage of your generous offer with respect to early migration, opens the new account, and closes the existing account, will there be any other actions necessary to enable continued operation of the customer's websites?? For example: changes to name-server assignments, copying, moving or re-uploading website files, website server directives, database migrations or redefinition and repopulation, etc, etc. More information, please!! Thanks, Tim

Yes, this migration requires you to migrate all files, databases, and emails.

While we are always standing by to assist, the service credit incentive is given for customers who primarily migrate their account themselves. We can migrate your website/emails and waive the migration fee, but this will void the service credit.

FH-Dave
06-10-2017, 11:03 AM
We have compiled a FAQ page to explain more about this migration: https://www.fluidhosting.com/shared-migration.php

coaster
06-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Thank you!! Exactly what I was looking for ...

brian
06-21-2017, 11:58 AM
So, what I cannot find is a list of what you need to do if you wait for the mass migration. I assume all the migration itself will be done by FH Staff. But, I will need to change DNS info with my registrar, change my email programs, etc.

Is that accurate? Anything else major I am missing?

Thanks!

Derek
06-28-2017, 05:42 PM
I completed my voluntary migration, then sent a ticket to "Billing" requesting that my old account be closed and asked that the three-month service credit be applied to my new account. Is that the correct process? I ask only because I sent it first thing this morning, but the ticket hasn't been touched. I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly...thanks!

theOG
07-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Migrations must be going okay... no mass panic on the forums at least.

I probably would have migrated myself with more time to prepare. Summer is always busy in my business and at home. Guess I will wait.

FH, how are things going with the migration? Any hiccups you noticed or pointers you can provide? Anything we can do to make things flow better?

reddymk
08-03-2017, 10:13 AM
I probably would have migrated myself with more time to prepare. Summer is always busy in my business and at home. Guess I will wait.
how are things going with the migration? Any hiccups you noticed or pointers you can provide? Anything we can do to make things flow better?
Is that the correct process? I ask only because I sent it first thing this morning, but the ticket hasn't been touched. I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly...thanks!

theOG
09-10-2017, 09:46 PM
how are things going with the migration? Any hiccups you noticed or pointers you can provide? Anything we can do to make things flow better?
Is that the correct process? I ask only because I sent it first thing this morning, but the ticket hasn't been touched. I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly...thanks!

Where you migrated? I've not heard from them and no comments in the forums...

Skibum
01-28-2018, 11:33 AM
What's happened at Fluidhosting? No comments, no assistance. No migration.

theOG
01-28-2018, 12:51 PM
What's happened at Fluidhosting? No comments, no assistance. No migration.

They attempted to migrate me but it stalled.

They sent this very, very long list of things I needed to do in order to migrate. I took one look at the list, closed the email, and never went back. Figured I'd wait until they said I had "x" days to do it or something.

I'm guessing this is taking much longer than they expected... I say that since my sites are fairly simple and thus fast. I try to do html with some newsletter scripts (email scripts could move to an online service, I don't use them much anymore). Nothing fancy pants.

I had some email issues or something. I don't remember.

They did not engage me and I did not reach out to them either. That was maybe a month or two ago.

Skibum
01-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Thanks.

Still feels like something has changed recently.

theOG
04-11-2018, 01:33 PM
They just messed up all of my sites... offline... telephone to support does not work.

Skibum
04-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Wow... I feel your pain.
Did they at least advise you that they were working on it? Is this still your migration?

theOG
04-11-2018, 01:41 PM
No... they told me last week they were going to shut down my sites the next day... told them I was going on vacation that afternoon (and getting ready for vacation) so I told them not to do anything until April 15th. All of that after they wait 6 months to even contact me... and then "migrate tomorrow". Seriously?

From a quick look my sites did not migrate properly... I have a bunch of email newsletters and sites... I was going to work on it this weekend.

Not sure the deal with Fluidhosting...

I find out after attempting to reply to a customer's email for support. Can't send.

theOG
04-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Still no replies to my requests for support...

Skibum
04-13-2018, 11:03 AM
How goes the battle OG?

theOG
04-13-2018, 07:22 PM
How goes the battle OG?

This is terrible... I have very simple websites (which is why I'm on shared all these years).... honestly, the most complicated thing I have is a form for people to fill out and send to me.

They have messed it all up.... only reason my personal email is working is because I have it hosted with domains live (microsoft).

My business emails are all gone/missing/down. Well finally I can get email but can't send.

Three of my main business sites are down.... but two others that I don't care about that much work. Although the contact script does not work.

Luckily for me:

1) I actually stopped all sales a couple of months ago to finish some projects... so this is mess is not that bad. I'd be horrified if this were still my main business/source of income.

2) I have all emails backed up...

3) I feel bad for my customers who might have tried to contact me this week who might need support or have questions...

4) I think this was avoidable... I asked questions beforehand and they ignored me. Now we are spending more time trying to fix issues.

5) I should be angry, but I'm not... disappointed that FH has been around for so long but this move is like they started hosting 6 months ago. Very baffling.

6) they have never returned my telephone calls...

7) verified dave still owns the company

We will see... but so far this is a huge failure, in my opinion. Well, there is no way this does not end in failure... no way they can recover from this one. It can only get worse from here... and I hope it does not!

I really feel sorry for people who might have sites they depend on to make a living... I'd advise them to leave before going through the migration... that might be a better option.

I won't be looking for new hosting unless I get on this new system and it craps out. If I get on the new stuff and it works like the previous setup (where I don't worry about my domains), I'll stay. If there are issues, I'll look for hosting someplace else.

To end on a high note... they have answered emails quickly when I put in a ticket.

PS. to add, I'm not writing this to get a refund... I don't need or want a refund for my troubles... I would like them to take a look at that script they are using... it does not work well. Fix the issue for upcoming customers.

theOG
04-14-2018, 12:28 AM
And it gets better.... now I found out I have over 300 people without email on a service I setup in the early 2000s. Totally forgot about it...

They are mad because no email and because the site was down they could not reach me.

That is why I told fluidhosting to wait... simple sites I have, but I've been around a long time.

On top of that the tech was rude in the ticket this afternoon. Telling me to "I request you to wait for sometime." Seriously... :dunno:

I probably need to rethink my continued dedication to fluid hosting.... things have definitely went downhill.

Skibum
04-14-2018, 08:32 AM
I know I'm certainly not feeling the love. After all these years of quality service I cannot understand how Dave has let this happen.
Few have been here longer than you and I.

theOG
04-14-2018, 09:35 AM
Looking back on it, I don't think the tech meant anything... he had to call in a senior tech to help.

We worked on it through 5 am last night... they still don't have it fixed. Well, at least my sites are up... I can't manage them though. the 300 people are still down. My business email is still down.

I woke at 8:30 to try something and now my plesk control panel is not working.

This is ridiculous... I don't understand since this should be so simple. For me were simply moving over my sites and settings... I should have done a manual move...

Yes, Dave needs to address this (on a larger scale) or I'm going someplace else.

Felt like I got caught in the rip tide... welcome to FLUID hosting. Ok, my bad attempt at humor...

To be clear, I did not start getting "unhappy" until one of the 300 people "addressed me"... and I'll admit forgetting about them was a huge failure on my part. I need to get them up ASAP...

theOG
04-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Maybe they are doing something... all of my sites went down. I'll get breakfast and see how this works out.

suzi
04-15-2018, 10:50 PM
Hi Skibum and theOG. Nice to see there are a few of us old timers still here. I've had multiple problems since the migration too. Sites were down, migration failed on some of the email accounts. There's one I really need and FH said they'd try to do it manually but all I've gotten is the runaround. I read the instructions on how to do it but it was like Greek to me. I gave them the password as they requested and I have not been able to get an answer on whether or not they even tried. The new webmail is working, but that one account has a lot of emails that my friend needs.
The lack of support response is very frustrating. I hope it gets better.

Skibum
04-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Hi Suzi

Nice to see you still around.
No one car argue, the fantastic support that we knew and paid well for, has vanished,
With no fantastic support why would anyone pay these prices?

theOG
04-16-2018, 06:36 PM
Suzi!!!!

Wow.... nice to "meet" you again... well maybe not under these circumstances. I wish you luck... ask for the "senior tech".

They finally got me up and running Sat afternoon. I still have some issues, for example, some contact scripts don't work and I can't figure out how to login and manage my html sites (I know ftp, etc... but I used Expression web in the past, and it worked just fine... now ssl error.. gotta find time to figure it out). I actually stopped all sales on my sites until June (before the migration happened... figured things would be broke so I wanted to be pro-active).

After logging in I realized they had to do a LOT of work manually. If they have to do this with every account, no wonder this migration is going so slow.

I'll have to say the plesk control panel is so slow... makes it difficult to do anything. :yuck::bawling:

This was good though... I need to take a long look at my sites and make some decisions. Think I'll take May to set things up properly.... maybe even join the "in crowd" and move to wordpress (I've had a license for genesis years already -- got on sale). I need to sale some of these 70 domains I own as well.. won't ever use them. Consolidate sites.... update everything... move all email to Microsoft outlook.com or office365 business...

I wish dave would drop in but I see they might be working 24/7... if my site is "easy", I'd hate to see them with some of the more complicated moves.

suzi
04-16-2018, 11:07 PM
I'm glad you are up and running. If a lot of customers had issues after migrating I can imagine they are overwhelmed. Truth is both of my sites have outlived their usefulness and have not been kept up. I've been thinking for a while I should take them down, especially my forum. But I didn't want them to end this way. :( The forum was my passion for several year and I didn't want to see it go.
I want to keep the domains because they have email accounts I don't want to give up.
I didn't notice the plesk control panel being particularly slow but I haven't used it that much either.

It would be nice to have Dave pop in - doesn't look like he's been around much for a while. Let's hope everything is sorted out and working soon.

suzi
04-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Good news! The email account I needed copied over to the new sever is taken care of, thanks to Abin.

Skibum
04-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Very nice. :)

Skibum
08-12-2018, 11:58 AM
I'm still not moved despite being promised it would happen in January.
The server I am on is messed up and they won't fix it. EMail is down now for 18 hours. 15 hours and no response to a trouble ticket.

WHERE IS YOUR 24 HOUR SUPPORT!!!!

theOG
08-13-2018, 06:06 AM
I've not been able to update my sites since the upgrade... the program I used before does not work for some reason. I put my business on hold... Fluidhosting is a mess.

Skibum
08-13-2018, 08:04 AM
I was told via chat yesterday that they are very busy moving customers, but too busy to move mine and "go do it yourself".

You can't make this stuff up...

theOG
08-13-2018, 05:49 PM
I had two choices... leave or do other things. Luckily I'm at a time in my life where I needed to be off the internet. Still lots of business to be made off the net.

I'll dive back into online ventures in 2019... maybe Dave and crew will be back to normal then. If not, I'll have to start looking (not what I want to do though, to be honest).

I'm still wondering why dave has not replied to requests for an explanation.... I get it, things are busy. 15 minutes drafting and sending an email or post every month would go a long way. That has me worried a bit...

Skibum
08-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Well... so much for the promised less expensive hosting.
My current plan is $45/month paid every 6 months.

With a straight face they just told me I needed to move to a plan that is $70/month PLUS the cost of Plesk. With a 2 YEAR pay in advance.

I swear these folks are trying hard to lose as must business as they can.

Dave doesn't seem to care a bit as he doesn't respond to emails anymore.

stanj
11-22-2018, 06:58 PM
I have no idea of what is going on there but in January of this year my business site went down, everything was lost and in the peak of booking for my tour business. Backups were accessed by support but those failed and corrupted and lost everything, over $100,000 in sales. But I should have moved long ago, my first account was in 2005 and stayed with them because the service was really good for a long time. 2 years ago however something failed with the VPS and I was told it was damaged beyond repair and that I had to create a new account. I transferred my sites and the new account were not fully compatible and problems popped frequently. But we keep going despite being billed for both the new account and the one that was not accessible. Accounting did not answer any of my tickets for 6 months of double billing. When my main business site gone, all customer orders and booking information gone, I had no choice but to leave. I went to InmotionHosting and although it is a big outfit and I prefer smaller suppliers and personal service, I must say it is reliable and very easy to manage, a lot of tools are provided. When I did need assistance, their live chat never takes more than 5 minutes before a tech is on the other end and everything is taken care of within minute...and it is lower cost. The written reference for all functions is extensive so managing the VPS is easy. Instead of my handcoded HTML/MySQL web site I was updating with more database functionality that I had been growing my main site since 2006 until the unrecoverable crash of the server hosted on Fluid 2 years ago. The new Fluid account was rebuilt using a Joomla CMS until that one was lost entirely last January. After moving to Inmotionhosting I recreated Joomla but more recently changed to WordPress. Creating a new WP or Joomla site is a 1 button process, as are about 150 other scripts that can be installed with a click.

If the last total loss of my business site did not occur I would probably still be with Fluid since I seldom needed support, and did my own management of the VPS.
It is not so easy to move a site that relies on a CMS WP platform, there are so many dependencies and version variables. In the old days when hand coded HTML and maybe CSS, it was easy to migrate.
Good luck everyone, hope Fluid gets back on track...it was a good company for a long time but the last two years has been rather frustrating and expensive losses for me.

Skibum
11-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Thanks for that Stan. I really needed a direction of travel.
I've literally been begging for assistance with giving Fluidhosting money for an additional month. Nothing in days for a response other than to say they don't see a problem....

Looking at InmotionHosting now.