PDA

View Full Version : Multiple SSL Certs?

relworg
02-19-2004, 11:34 PM
I am curious if on the VPS I can have multiple SSL certs. I have a need for different domains to have their own SSL certs, but I would like to keep them on their own VPS.

If so, is it all done through your control panel, or is it something we have to contact you for?

If you guys can do it, I'll be moving over to FH today.

FH-Dave
02-19-2004, 11:40 PM
relworg,

You can have several SSL certificates, each for your domains. If you use the default apache installation, then you should be able to configure this through your VPS control panel. However, you can also configure this directly on your httpd.conf file. We can help you set up this.

BTW, your support ticket sent to us was bounced, and thus we have not/did not reply to your ticket. Glad to see you contact us here too.

relworg
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Is there a difference in VPS Lite and Starter other than the disk space and bandwidth?

Thanks for the quick replies

FH-Dave
02-19-2004, 11:51 PM
VPS Starter comes with more guaranteed memory allocation, more CPU cycles, as well as more diskspace/bandwidth. Other than this, VPS Light and Starter are basically the same.

relworg
02-20-2004, 12:01 AM
I see the difference in your vps info. Your site is a little confusing since when you go to sign up there isn't really information. Also your navigation changes, which is confusing.

On your VPS pricing page, where it shows the differences in packages, I have a few questions.

It states that a domain name is $19.95/yr, is this registration only, or is this to add it to the VPS?

Also, it says that WHM/CPanel are $19.95/mo. Is this different from the control panel that I would use to administrate the site (HSphere)? I am unfamiliar with WHM/CPanel (currently using Interland's VPS, which has a lame control panel).

If it is different, what is the reason people use WHM or Cpanel?

FH-Dave
02-20-2004, 06:30 AM
The $19.95/yr domain registration is the cost to register new domain (.com, .net., .org). If you already have a domain, simply choose to "transfer" that domain during the signup process, if you would like to use our name servers.

The VPS itself comes with its own control panel (HSPComplete) and this is included for free. CPanel/WHM is an additional third party software that some people would prefer to have. Basically, if you are thinking of creating many users under your VPS (perhaps for friends/families) or if you want to resell your VPS space/bandwidth to your customers, then getting CPanel/WHM will be of benefit for you; it will allow your end-users to have a control panel by which they can set their own pop3 email, FTP account, and more.

WHM also is handy to help you manage your VPS. It will upgrade/patch applications (mysql, apache, php, etc) for you. However, WHM/CPanel will add an extra overhead o your VPS. It will need more CPU and more memory, not to mention that it needs at least 600-900 MB of your VPS space. Thus, WHM/CPanel is not possible to be installed on VPS Light.

For more information about HSPComplete (the VPS control panel), please read the online documentation at https://vps.fluidhosting.com/cp/doc/HSPC_SG.pdf
For more information about CPanel/WHM, please visit their website at http://www.cpanel.net/

Richard
02-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by relworg
I am curious if on the VPS I can have multiple SSL certs. I have a need for different domains to have their own SSL certs, but I would like to keep them on their own VPS.

If so, is it all done through your control panel, or is it something we have to contact you for?

If you guys can do it, I'll be moving over to FH today. Hi, I'm a VPS customer here -- just thought I would add one thing. If you need more than two SSL certs you shouldn't consider the VPS Lite, as it's limited to a max of 2 ips ...

Tim.SandStone
02-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the quick replies

Heh.. get used to this part of the deal. These guys have better customer service than anybody i've ever delt with.

I switched over from Interland about a month ago, and i've been kicking myself for not having made the switch sooner.

I've made more bonehead mistakes than most folks could even count in a month, and these guys have kept me running smoothly, despite myself.

Anyway, just thought i'd chime in. See you around, relworg

relworg
03-01-2004, 05:07 PM
I put in an order for a VPS w/ WHM last night, and earlier today I noticed there was a problem with the first credit card, so I added a second one. We were hoping to get this going today so we can get some domains moved over ASAP. I haven't had a reply to a support message from this morning, so I'm wondering if you'll respond to the forum faster.

Thanks guys,

David