PDA

View Full Version : Mysql Upgrade to 4.0.17

allera
03-22-2004, 09:11 AM
Mysql will be upgraded over the next week to the new 4.0.x line. This will bring the following improvements:

- The InnoDB storage engine is now included in the standard binaries, adding transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys.
- A query cache, offering vastly increased performance for many applications. By caching complete result sets, later identical queries can return instantly.
- Improved full-text indexing with boolean mode, truncation, and phrase searching.
- Enhanced MERGE tables, now supporting INSERT statements and AUTO_INCREMENT.
- UNION syntax in SELECT.
- Multiple-table DELETE statements.
- libmysqld, the embedded server library.
- Additional GRANT privilege options for even tighter control and security.
- Management of user resources in the GRANT system, particularly useful for ISPs and other hosting providers.
- Dynamic server variables, allowing configuration changes to be made without having to stop and restart the server.
- Improved replication code and features.
- Numerous new functions and options.
- Changes to existing code for enhanced performance and reliability.

We're excited about this upgrade and we hope you take advantage of its benefits.

AlexanderT
03-23-2004, 04:29 AM
We're excited about this upgrade and we hope you take advantage of its benefits.
Definitely cool!

nvphone
03-23-2004, 09:09 PM
You guys keep fixing the place up and I will have to start wiping my feet before I log on!

AlexanderT
04-05-2004, 04:27 AM
It's installed, and appears to be running "fluidly"... ;)

Seriously, I think the MySQL Upgrade is a huge improvement in speed.

theOG
04-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Mysql Upgrade to 4.0.17

LOL... and what can this do for me IN PLAIN English.... :D

Sounds French....

masoud
04-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by theOG
Mysql Upgrade to 4.0.17

Sounds French....

Well then OG, if you want to do some serious web development you should go and learn french then. Should'nt you??

theOG
04-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Always got to be on in the group...:rolleyes:

:D

FH-John
04-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by theOG
Mysql Upgrade to 4.0.17

Sounds French....

Basically, it introduces a few new items to the SQL syntax.

theOG
04-13-2004, 08:16 PM
LOL... anything plug-in-play? What can it do for the "FrontPage" developer who does not do SQL? I do like to use the database capabilities on the web.

Do I need to hire a web developer to take advantages of the new tools?

thanks,

FH-John
04-13-2004, 11:45 PM
As for Frontpage, it wouldn't effect that. If you wanted to use it, you'd need to develope something for it, or download something.

It really depends on what you want to do.

allera
04-14-2004, 06:39 AM
The mysql servers have all been moved to one beefy machine. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the kinks have been worked out, but let me know if you guys see any problems with your websites.

I'm using this thread because I'm sure a bunch of you die-hard mysql users are registered to it, so I'd like you guys to check out your sites before I dub it successful and alert everyone else.

If you have any problems, just send them over to support@fluidhosting.com.

In case you have connection problems, make sure you're connecting to mysql1.fluidhosting.com (66.150.201.91). This is affecting Shared Hosting customers only.

brian
04-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by allera
I'm using this thread because I'm sure a bunch of you die-hard mysql users are registered to it, so I'd like you guys to check out your sites before I dub it successful and alert everyone else.

Not exactly a heavy user, but I do have 3 different mySql databases and they all seem to be performing just fine.

brian

relworg
04-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Everything was working fine yesterday. Today I can still login and use mysql through my websites (php), but the webbased administration seems to be down.

Today I am unable to login to myphp.fluidhosting.com to administrate my mysql database. Everything was working fine last night (was using it at 10:30 pm PST Tuesday). I am trying to login with users that have full permissions to the database, on two separate FH accounts with multiple databases. I get the same error:

Server mysql1
Error

MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user: **deleted**
(Using password: YES)

FH-Dave
04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
phpmyadmin access should be fixed now. Let us know if you still have any problem with phpmyadmin.