PDA

View Full Version : New Account

dingley
04-01-2004, 03:24 PM
I'd just like to say that I applied for a new account a couple of days ago.

My impression of the web service itself is very good. Seems fast and the FreeBSD hosts seem very flexible and offers everything most web users would want. Good stats, access to mime types, htaccess etc.

I have tried a few trace routes to FH and all seem reliable and fast responses are achieved. All in all seems like the ideal web hosting service - well done. I could recommend you on what I have seen so far.

Now for the bad part - why does it take so long to get your domain registered?

nvphone
04-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Now for the bad part - why does it take so long to get your domain registered?

That part I do not get.
Takes me about 2 minutes. Of course I have an account and know the owner of the company I use.
But anybody; 5 minutes tops.
Who did you use?

dingley
04-02-2004, 01:43 AM
FH

Graeme
04-02-2004, 03:32 AM
No matter who you register through it will still take up to 72 hours for the domain to become active. If you look into the root server system you'll see why.

Graeme

dingley
04-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Not taking about active (in as much as you can use the url remotely to get to your site) I'm taking about the fact that if I go to WhoIs my requested domain is still showing as available!

FH-Dave
04-02-2004, 04:40 AM
dingley,

As I have mentioned in my email reply to you, the domain has already been registered (although it's a bit late). However, even if the domain is listed as available, you will not be able to register the domain on any other registrar. For example, you register a domain at godaddy. 5 minutes after you register the domain, you go to netsol and netsol will show the domain is available. However, you will not be able to register this domain at netsol. This is the way it works.

As for your domain, I can already do whois on your domain now and the domain is pointing to our server/network already.

dingley
04-02-2004, 05:19 AM
OK - evrything seems to be up and running now. Thanks.

Look forward to doing business with you.

I have a domain with another provider (the domain name is regsitered to me)

How long would a transfer take? The reason why I ask is that my annula feee is due and I would like to move it from them to you. And more imprtantly how long would my site be "down for"?

FH-Dave
04-02-2004, 10:18 AM
dingley,

At this moment, we do not accept registrar transfer because, unlike new domain registration, we can not yet automate billing for transfered domain. You have to transfer the domain to other third party domain registrar (such as ENOM) and then change the name servers for your domain to ours (ns1.fluidhosting.com and ns2.fluidhosting.com).

If carefully planned, you can minimize and even avoid down time. We will work with you on this.