PDA

View Full Version : Tos

Unregistered
04-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Scenario:
Lets say one of the domains managed under the light account violates a rule, such as sending unsolicited mail, would that terminate the whole account or just that one domain hosted under the light account?

FH-John
04-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Are you referring to shared hosting, or reseller hosting?

Unregistered
04-08-2004, 08:35 AM
I am looking at the Microsoft Windows Light account that allows 3 domain names.

FH-John
04-08-2004, 10:18 AM
If any of the domains violated it, it would be grounds for account termination.

Unregistered
04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
What would be the best option for a business that plans on reselling the service to other customer's however, is not responsible for the conduct of each resold account? I have many sites that are designed and need hosting, but I cant be responsible for what the owners of the site do as far as email, etc. I like how I can manage them with H-Sphere, but id rather not put all my eggs in one basket.

FH-Dave
04-08-2004, 06:35 PM
To some extends, everybody is responsible on behalf of their clients. You are responsible to us on behalf of your clients. We are resonsible to Internap (our datacenter/network provider) on behalf of our clients (you and your clients including) and Internap is responsible to their upstream providers on behalf of us (us, you, and your clients). Of course the degree of tolerance is different. However, nobody can claim no responsibility on their clients behalf. It is part of your business conduct/risk.

Having said so, although we are very strict on maintaining our Acceptable Use Policy, we can also execute a degree of tolerance towards our clients. We will evaluate each abuse complaints on case by case basis. It has been very rare that we suspend and even terminate our clients on the first AUP violation, unless if the violation is very clear and/or done in purpose. In order to make sure that you can comply with our AUP, I will suggest you to have a stronger AUP than ours. You may want to give your clients zero tolerance.

It is always a good idea not to put all of your eggs in one basket. However, managing many eggs in multiple baskets can not only be more costly but can be more difficult. This is the decision that only you can make. But once again, no matter how many baskets and eggs you have, you will be responsible for your "eggs".

Unregistered
04-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Is there a difference between the windows shared hosting and reseller accounts? I cannot find any information regarding the reseller account.
Thank You

Richard
04-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Take a look here (http://www.fluidhosting.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127)
and here (http://www.fluidhosting.com/resell/hsphere/)

HTH