PDA

View Full Version : pre sales questions, mainly email related

rama
04-18-2004, 07:02 PM
I have a website that I use mainly for emails and ftp. Emails are very critical for me.

My question.
1. is there a per account size limit (quota) for emails ?
2. If I set my POP3 client to not delete the emails from the server, would they be there indefinitely (assuming that the sum of all the email accounts in my domain are withing the total disk limit)
3. my current host claims that every provider deletes from the server any email that more than 30 days old, is this true? do you delete emails without my consent (assuming again that I am within the total disk limit)?
4. would I be able to access my webmail from beind a corporate firewall ? (like yahoo / hotmail )
5. Do you have a phone number that can be reached for support?

Thanks
Rama.

FH-John
04-18-2004, 07:45 PM
To answer your questions:

1) You can adjust the limit as you wish, as long as it's within your account's disk quota.

2) They will remain there until you delete them.

3) That's incorrect. We don't delete e-mails that over 30 days old, nor do I know of any hosts that do.

4) You should be able to access webmail from behind a firewall. Our, webmail server runs on port 80, and port 443(SSL).

5) Unfortunately, we don't offer telephone support for shared hosting accounts.

nvphone
04-24-2004, 09:45 PM
These guys never sleep.
Send an e mail at 2AM and they are right on it!

Skibum
04-25-2004, 08:25 PM
Don't let the lack of a phone number dissuade you. These guys do not sleep. :)

FH-John
04-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm starting to think we don't sleep.... atleast there are many mornings I've seen the sun come up. :)