Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > Pre-Sales Stage

Old 09-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #1
Unregistered

VPS accounts?

Hello,

I am looking for a new host for my hosintg business. I am looking at your Unix VPS plans. Is Fantastico part of the VPS plan? If not, can it be?

Also, when you create a VPS account can you tell me a little about the config. What I am looking for is how the security is setup. Does it also include some type of firewall?

I currently have a VPS account where I am now but have very little, if any, help with management. They screamed at me to upgrade PHP and when I did it caused all sort of problems because now I can't run PHP apps. I followed their upgrade instructions, however found out afterwards becuase I was running a different c-panel version it wasn't going to work. I have had very little help in getting it fixed. So long story short; the account is really useless to me.

What type of help can you /do you / will you provide when something like this happens?

I need to move a couple of dozen accounts. What assiatnce can you provide if I have problems during the move? None of the accounts have any "third-party" software running, but they do have things like MySQL, e-mail, and frontpage.

I look foward in hearing from you.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
FH-John
Fluid Hosting Tech

Quote:
Is Fantastico part of the VPS plan? If not, can it be?
We don't offer Fantsatico, however, you can purchase a license from them, and install it yourself.

Quote:
What I am looking for is how the security is setup. Does it also include some type of firewall?
We do a standard CentOS install, with minimal services setup. Beyond that, no additional security setup is done. As for a firewall, iptables is installed, so you can create firewall rules to restrict traffic.

Quote:
What type of help can you /do you / will you provide when something like this happens?
For software such as PHP, or other applications which are included with the VPS, we offer support on them. So, if you need PHP, etc. upgraded we can do that for you. If they suddenly stop working, we'll take a look.

Quote:
What assiatnce can you provide if I have problems during the move?
For migrations, we charge an administration fee to perform them. In addition, our assistance is limited to making sure Apache, MySQL, etc. are setup for the account. We don't provide assistance with updating any paths, or settings for scripts actually installed on the accounts.
FH-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-John View Post
We don't offer Fantsatico, however, you can purchase a license from them, and install it yourself.

We do a standard CentOS install, with minimal services setup. Beyond that, no additional security setup is done. As for a firewall, iptables is installed, so you can create firewall rules to restrict traffic.

For software such as PHP, or other applications which are included with the VPS, we offer support on them. So, if you need PHP, etc. upgraded we can do that for you. If they suddenly stop working, we'll take a look.

For migrations, we charge an administration fee to perform them. In addition, our assistance is limited to making sure Apache, MySQL, etc. are setup for the account. We don't provide assistance with updating any paths, or settings for scripts actually installed on the accounts.
Thanks John!

Let me work on a few things and I will be signing up with you guys in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again,
Mark
Old 09-11-2008, 06:14 AM   #4
stanj

Mark
We ordered a VPS in the spring and was concerned that I did not know enough about admin of a VPS in an unmanaged environment. The crew at FluidVPS did everything to set up the latest versions of MySQL, Apache, and PHP at no charge. In an unmanaged account, that is something I normally would have had to do to accomplish that upgrade myself so when they say their service is unmanaged, they are being a little too modest. It has been a semi-managed system so far. It has been very reliable, fast and a big relief since moving from an unmentionable hosting company and the associated headaches of an overloaded shared reseller account. The price is reasonable and the only way we would be happier is if Fluid PAID US for using their system.
You would probably be very happy on FluidVPS.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Xylifrost

VPS accounts

Hi there,

I have 3 normal hosting plans and am about to make a 4th and most likely a few more.

Its therefore obviously going to be cheaper for me to get a reseller account and i think this is the best way for me to go.

However, I was just wondering how straight forward it would be to transfer my existing accounts over to a reseller account or what the process would involve?

Would I have to transfer the accounts over to another server etc?

Thanks