Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > News, New Features, and Improvements

Old 04-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #16
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

No... they told me last week they were going to shut down my sites the next day... told them I was going on vacation that afternoon (and getting ready for vacation) so I told them not to do anything until April 15th. All of that after they wait 6 months to even contact me... and then "migrate tomorrow". Seriously?

From a quick look my sites did not migrate properly... I have a bunch of email newsletters and sites... I was going to work on it this weekend.

Not sure the deal with Fluidhosting...

I find out after attempting to reply to a customer's email for support. Can't send.

Last edited by theOG; 04-11-2018 at 12:47 PM.
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #17
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Still no replies to my requests for support...
Old 04-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #18
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

How goes the battle OG?
Skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #19
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibum View Post
How goes the battle OG?
This is terrible... I have very simple websites (which is why I'm on shared all these years).... honestly, the most complicated thing I have is a form for people to fill out and send to me.

They have messed it all up.... only reason my personal email is working is because I have it hosted with domains live (microsoft).

My business emails are all gone/missing/down. Well finally I can get email but can't send.

Three of my main business sites are down.... but two others that I don't care about that much work. Although the contact script does not work.

Luckily for me:

1) I actually stopped all sales a couple of months ago to finish some projects... so this is mess is not that bad. I'd be horrified if this were still my main business/source of income.

2) I have all emails backed up...

3) I feel bad for my customers who might have tried to contact me this week who might need support or have questions...

4) I think this was avoidable... I asked questions beforehand and they ignored me. Now we are spending more time trying to fix issues.

5) I should be angry, but I'm not... disappointed that FH has been around for so long but this move is like they started hosting 6 months ago. Very baffling.

6) they have never returned my telephone calls...

7) verified dave still owns the company

We will see... but so far this is a huge failure, in my opinion. Well, there is no way this does not end in failure... no way they can recover from this one. It can only get worse from here... and I hope it does not!

I really feel sorry for people who might have sites they depend on to make a living... I'd advise them to leave before going through the migration... that might be a better option.

I won't be looking for new hosting unless I get on this new system and it craps out. If I get on the new stuff and it works like the previous setup (where I don't worry about my domains), I'll stay. If there are issues, I'll look for hosting someplace else.

To end on a high note... they have answered emails quickly when I put in a ticket.

PS. to add, I'm not writing this to get a refund... I don't need or want a refund for my troubles... I would like them to take a look at that script they are using... it does not work well. Fix the issue for upcoming customers.

Last edited by theOG; 04-13-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #20
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

And it gets better.... now I found out I have over 300 people without email on a service I setup in the early 2000s. Totally forgot about it...

They are mad because no email and because the site was down they could not reach me.

That is why I told fluidhosting to wait... simple sites I have, but I've been around a long time.

On top of that the tech was rude in the ticket this afternoon. Telling me to "I request you to wait for sometime." Seriously...

I probably need to rethink my continued dedication to fluid hosting.... things have definitely went downhill.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #21
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

I know I'm certainly not feeling the love. After all these years of quality service I cannot understand how Dave has let this happen.
Few have been here longer than you and I.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:35 AM   #22
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Looking back on it, I don't think the tech meant anything... he had to call in a senior tech to help.

We worked on it through 5 am last night... they still don't have it fixed. Well, at least my sites are up... I can't manage them though. the 300 people are still down. My business email is still down.

I woke at 8:30 to try something and now my plesk control panel is not working.

This is ridiculous... I don't understand since this should be so simple. For me were simply moving over my sites and settings... I should have done a manual move...

Yes, Dave needs to address this (on a larger scale) or I'm going someplace else.

Felt like I got caught in the rip tide... welcome to FLUID hosting. Ok, my bad attempt at humor...

To be clear, I did not start getting "unhappy" until one of the 300 people "addressed me"... and I'll admit forgetting about them was a huge failure on my part. I need to get them up ASAP...

Last edited by theOG; 04-14-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #23
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Maybe they are doing something... all of my sites went down. I'll get breakfast and see how this works out.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:50 PM   #24
suzi

Hi Skibum and theOG. Nice to see there are a few of us old timers still here. I've had multiple problems since the migration too. Sites were down, migration failed on some of the email accounts. There's one I really need and FH said they'd try to do it manually but all I've gotten is the runaround. I read the instructions on how to do it but it was like Greek to me. I gave them the password as they requested and I have not been able to get an answer on whether or not they even tried. The new webmail is working, but that one account has a lot of emails that my friend needs.
The lack of support response is very frustrating. I hope it gets better.

Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005-2009
suzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #25
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

Hi Suzi

Nice to see you still around.
No one car argue, the fantastic support that we knew and paid well for, has vanished,
With no fantastic support why would anyone pay these prices?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:36 PM   #26
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Suzi!!!!

Wow.... nice to "meet" you again... well maybe not under these circumstances. I wish you luck... ask for the "senior tech".

They finally got me up and running Sat afternoon. I still have some issues, for example, some contact scripts don't work and I can't figure out how to login and manage my html sites (I know ftp, etc... but I used Expression web in the past, and it worked just fine... now ssl error.. gotta find time to figure it out). I actually stopped all sales on my sites until June (before the migration happened... figured things would be broke so I wanted to be pro-active).

After logging in I realized they had to do a LOT of work manually. If they have to do this with every account, no wonder this migration is going so slow.

I'll have to say the plesk control panel is so slow... makes it difficult to do anything.

This was good though... I need to take a long look at my sites and make some decisions. Think I'll take May to set things up properly.... maybe even join the "in crowd" and move to wordpress (I've had a license for genesis years already -- got on sale). I need to sale some of these 70 domains I own as well.. won't ever use them. Consolidate sites.... update everything... move all email to Microsoft outlook.com or office365 business...

I wish dave would drop in but I see they might be working 24/7... if my site is "easy", I'd hate to see them with some of the more complicated moves.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #27
suzi

I'm glad you are up and running. If a lot of customers had issues after migrating I can imagine they are overwhelmed. Truth is both of my sites have outlived their usefulness and have not been kept up. I've been thinking for a while I should take them down, especially my forum. But I didn't want them to end this way. The forum was my passion for several year and I didn't want to see it go.
I want to keep the domains because they have email accounts I don't want to give up.
I didn't notice the plesk control panel being particularly slow but I haven't used it that much either.

It would be nice to have Dave pop in - doesn't look like he's been around much for a while. Let's hope everything is sorted out and working soon.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #28
suzi

Good news! The email account I needed copied over to the new sever is taken care of, thanks to Abin.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #29
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

Very nice.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #30
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

I'm still not moved despite being promised it would happen in January.
The server I am on is messed up and they won't fix it. EMail is down now for 18 hours. 15 hours and no response to a trouble ticket.

WHERE IS YOUR 24 HOUR SUPPORT!!!!