Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > Pre-Sales Stage

Old 10-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
Gary R

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco View Post
hows the affliate program coming ? I've been posting your link in several places.. I'd like to get some credit if anyone uses them
---------------------------------------------------
Like from me

Hi there guys iv got two hostings going at the moment one which was for 12 months which as about 7 months left which i have a small forum on with only about 80 members on and the new vps server i moved too when my first forum out sized it, which now as 4900 members, i did as loco did payed for one month to try them out, the first month with them was good, i have now payed for three months this is were it starts in the last week my site as been down 4 times now once for 16 hours as the server blow up and ever since i have lost two to three hours at a time so they are on there last chance and if it goes again in the next couple of days iam off as it is losing me good members.
so i dont blame loco for asking what he as asked as he as seen what as happened to me, the way iam going iam going to end up with servers all over the place sat there, anyway less of that, what i would like to know as iam busy most of the time at the moment do you guys here do a transfer and setup service and if so what sort of price would i be looking at o and my site is www.world-of-digital.com if it is still there lol

Regards Gary
Gary R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
FH-John
Fluid Hosting Tech

Hi Gary,

We can assist in migrating your site to our service. If you send an e-mail to support[at]fluidhosting.com, with information on your site requirements, and what all is required to make it work, we can give you an idea on how long it would take to get moved.
FH-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
William
Dazed and Confused

Looks like it's down again Gary. The page isn't loading for me.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

It was working earlier... but, ya, it is not working now...

Oh, I hit refresh and it came up... it is very slow right now...

edit 2: I visited the site that hosts your site... one thing that threw me off was the location (well, I've never heard of a major host there, but I could be wrong, as I normally am), second was the "unlimited" webspace for $13 a month... and the other cheaper plans.

That is a danger sign... host sites for $4 a month (low plan) and offer 100 GB web space, and 1000 GB transfer. I'm not going to say anything negative specifically about your host, I mean a company with a large bank-roll could make it work, but in my experience, these companies have issues and fail.

I don't work for FH... just offering my opinion....

Last edited by theOG; 10-13-2006 at 09:34 PM.
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:15 AM   #5
William
Dazed and Confused

*agrees with theOG*

scary isn't it
Old 10-14-2006, 03:19 AM   #6
Gary R

Question

Yes it is scary because iam paying them $39.99 a month and this time i did a three month deal with them but no discount so you can see how mad i am with them, on the migrating site of things FH-John is this somethink that you guys could do for me, as when i moved it last time it went tits up for me and i found out it was still running off my old site and that was with amk helping me lol.....so i would be looking for you guys to do a full 100% move for me, but would need a price for this, and then i can start to get things moving as i need to get away as soon as poss before they lose any more of my data when they go down again.

Thanks Gary
Old 10-14-2006, 03:22 AM   #7
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Gary, please backup your sites! That way you don't have to worry about them going down or the move....

I guess you do backup anyway... just in case you don't... Just some friendly advice....
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:26 AM   #8
FH-John
Fluid Hosting Tech

Hi Gary,

We can get your site migrated to our service, for no extra charge. We'll need specifics on what your site needs, and any other details you feel would be essential in getting your site setup.
FH-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:45 AM   #9
Gary R

well looking at this page of theres iam on the pack 4 http://www.amkh.com/virtual.shtml so if you can let me know which to go for on your plans then i shall sign up today then send you all the details of my site.

thanks again
Gary
Old 10-14-2006, 06:48 AM   #10
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

[note]
I am creating a this special thread and moved relevant posts from the original thread
[/note]

You are on virtual hosting environment and you were promised 10 GB of space and 400 GB of monthly transfer? Perhaps that's the reason why the server is unstabled. The more traffic one pushes, the more resources one will need. And promising 400 GB of traffic per shared hosting customer, that's just a bit dangerous. We only bundle plenty of bandwidth on our VPS plans because with VPS, each customer receives their guaranteed server resources. Besides, we put a lot smaller limit on the number of customers per server under our VPS plans.

In any case, we do not have any plan that matches the disk space/bandwidth you are getting now for that price. Don't be too excited with host offering too much for you if you are not going to be using most of what's offered. How much actually are you using in terms of diskspace and monthly transfer?

Also, are you looking for Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting solution or shared hosting solution? VPS solution is great if you want to have guaranteed minimum (yet burstable) server resources (memory and CPU). In addition, VPS gives more isolation. Because of these resource gurantee and isolation, problem on other customer VPS should not affect your VPS (and vice versa). In addition, with root access to your VPS, you can basically install any application you want and configure the VPS the way you want it. VPS acts like a small dedicated server, and to some extends is better than cheap dedicated server. But all of these come with higher administration overhead. Maintaining a VPS is like maintaining a server (though our customers can testify that we do assist them with VPS maintenance).

Virtual Hosting is, though traditional, quick and easy. Nothing is expected from you as we maintain everything for you. However, it does come with limitation (e.g. we can't guarantee that we will be able to install any applications you request). Furthermore, there is no minimum (or maximum) guarantee on server resources a customer can use. And there is not isolation. Thus, a customer can consume all the server resoources and cuse problems for the rest of the customers.

Depending on what your disk space and monthly traffic usage, our suggestion may be different. But at around $40/month, you will get our Compact VPS plan (VPS hosting) or our Super Unix Plan (virtual hosting).

Last edited by FH-Dave; 10-14-2006 at 06:55 AM.
FH-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #11
William
Dazed and Confused

Gary I think you were made to believe you are on a VPS but it apears you are on shared. Using the word virtual without the word private seems to be the new "gotcha".
Old 10-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
Gary R

Thanks for moving my posts over

right hope this helps Dave,

Bandwidth (meg) 13132.2
Total Disk Usage (meg) 2836.6
Email Disk Usage 1.33 MB
Database Disk Usage 71.9 MB

and i was looking at your VPS Medium plan, as iam hoping this will be the last time i will have to move, the price is no problem to a point,
all iam after is knowing that my site is there when ever it is needed.

this is one of meany replys i get for my site going down from amk :

Gary,

I"m checking up on this now. I see a few reports of problems. I can
tell you we
are upgrading all of our client servers and it should ease the load.
We have had
a couple of resellers who have had issues with malicious users so we're
going
to isolate all the resellers on their own set of machines. This should
ease the burden
of these events for on our client machines.

Updates to come.

Jay Martin

Thanks for using the help desk, if you have any further difficulties or
are required to respond to your request, please login to the help desk
------------------------------------------------------
so if i know i will get a better service, and my site always there, then iam ready to sign up

Thanks Gary
Old 10-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #13
Gary R

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Gary I think you were made to believe you are on a VPS but it apears you are on shared. Using the word virtual without the word private seems to be the new "gotcha".
sorry william only just seen this after last post, i was going to say that myself, but did not want to sound like a prat lol, but yes i did think i was on a vps untill i was show this place so yes i was "gotcha"

the money that i have paid out over the last 3 months on hosting well hopfully if these guys can sort me out it should be the last time i get ripped off.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #14
Gary R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R View Post
the money that i have paid out over the last 3 months on hosting well hopfully if these guys can sort me out it should be the last time i get ripped off.
That last bit did not sound right sorry......should of said : should be the last time i get ripped off from the host iam with at the moment.
just thought i better clear that up
Old 10-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #15
William
Dazed and Confused

I had about a dozen hosts over a 1 1/2 year period when I found Fluid Hosting. I believe that was about 3 1/2 years ago or so. That speaks for itself IMHO. Good luck with your last move.