Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > News, New Features, and Improvements

Old 12-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #46
nvphone
Events May Change

So, if I go and lets say per-pay a year up front, then I am cool with my old plan for a year?
Really no big beef here as it is a tax write off anyway.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #47
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvphone
So, if I go and lets say per-pay a year up front, then I am cool with my old plan for a year?
Really no big beef here as it is a tax write off anyway.
You are on our current Unix Premium Mini plan. This will be supported until 12/31/2006, at which point I will decide whether to support this plan again. But now, if you are happy with the plan you have now there is nothing you need to do.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:13 AM   #48
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

Quote:
Regarding the no "downgrading" policy...
We have been doing downgrades for customers with monthly contract. For customer with longer term contract, we simply ask customer to finish their contract prior to asking for downgrade. Or if they want to upgrade, they can do it anytime. I believe this is a fair policy.

Quote:
At the last round of plan changes, I was able to switch plans without waiting for my existing contract to finish, so I certainly wasn't expecting it. I suspect others weren't either.
Yes, and this will no longer be the case with new MSA. I have seen people signing up for two years, then at then of the 30 day period, request refund. there are also people who signed for two years and to have them request to be changed to monthly and asked for the remaining hosting fee to be refunded to their credit card.

Prepayment is one of our way to plan for our growth. For this, we give deep discount and we expect customer to keep the value of the contract they have. I do believe when you prepay, you are making a commitment to us and we are making a commitment to you.

Quote:
I still think this policy is a bit unfair to existing customers as we'll be paying more than new customers for the same service (in fact the old plans have less resources at higher cost).
You can't directly compare the old plan and the new plan as I do intentionally make them different. If customer only needs the bandwidth and space allocation on the new plan, then I am sure paying extra $3-$5/month is really not asking too much. If you were to add disk space and bandwdith using add ons, the cost would be a lot more under your current plan.

Quote:
Also, one of the main selling points of the old plans was the "Premium Internap bandwidth". That's been removed now. I'm not saying that's a disaster, but the service is not the same as what we originally signed up for, and therefore I think it's only fair that customers should be allowed to freely switch plans. Don't you agree?
Putting customer on Internap has never been a guarantee of service that customer signs up for. Thus, I disagree. But for all customers that really want Internap, I can put you on an Internap only bandwidth/IP. However, you will again stay with your current plan and we will also charge you more on this.

Although we can increase our price, we have never done so. Customer who signed up on 2002 is still pay the same price they had 3 years ago. But everything around us has changed.
We have added new staffs (none outsourced), adding new phone coverage, invested heavily on our network/equipments, upgrading all of our servers to a better one (more memory, RAID1/5 subsytem, etc), while at the same time having to experience inflation after inflation. When you signed up originally, you were put on a less inferior server. However, we don't think you should be kept on an inferior server, thus we upgraded the server you are one. I do believe a change of $3-$5/month is a fair one and well deserved. If customer does not agree to it, then customer may choose to stay with the current plan (2004 plans) and enjoy the plan at the same price. If customer want to downgrade, we never forbid them to do so. We only ask customer to finsih their promised contract value with us.

I believe this is a fair policy. Especially, we are not forcing you to upgade and increase our price on you. Not at all.

Thank you for voicing your concern.

Have a good Christmas and New Year, everybody!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #49
dbronstein

Coming in a bit late here. I haven't compared the new prices yet, but even if I have to pay a couple of bucks a month more, I'm fine with it. I used several other hosting companies that had crap service before I found FH and it's worth paying a little extra for the reliability and service. JMO.

Dennis
dbronstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:13 PM   #50
ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-Dave
If customer want to downgrade, we never forbid them to do so. We only ask customer to finsih their promised contract value with us.

I believe this is a fair policy. Especially, we are not forcing you to upgade and increase our price on you. Not at all.
I appreciate what you say about an annual contract being a commitment, but I wasn't asking for a refund, just a switch of plan (still annual term). But I'm ok with my current plan, so it's not a big deal. I was just a bit annoyed that I'm only a few months into my current contract, so it's a while before I could "downgrade" to the equivalent new plan.
ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:55 PM   #51
dohs

when do you think the new reseller plans will be rolled out? i was planning on rolling out new plans to my customers jan 1 but would like to see your new reseller plans before i do so. i know things have been hectic for you guys with the recent hardware probs and the holidays, and understand that this is not at the top of your priority list. when you get a chance it would be nice to know your new eta on release of the reseller plans. thanks much.
dohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:05 PM   #52
Graeme
Forked

Dave mentioned he was in Japan atm so I guess it'll be at some point when he gets back...

Graeme
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote