Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > Customer's Forums > Maintenance Notifications > Scheduled Maintenance Notifications

Old 12-28-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
FH-Lorne

Outage On A Few Plesk Shared Hosting Servers

We are currently experiencing an issue on a couple of our shared hosting servers and client portal. We are working on restoring service now, and will update this thread as soon as we have further updates.
FH-Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
FH-Lorne

We have identified the issue and are working on resolving it.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
DieselMinded

an eta would be prudent
DieselMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:57 PM   #4
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

My sites are still down.

No surprise since we moved to plex... plex is so slow.
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 12:12 AM   #5
DieselMinded

i have 35 seconds between page loads on www.mymilitia.com
Old 12-29-2018, 12:22 AM   #6
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselMinded View Post
i have 35 seconds between page loads on www.mymilitia.com
Yes, it is jacked up... https://www.embreyenterprise.com must be on FH as well... it is not working.

Maybe they will have it fixed by morning.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:35 AM   #7
DieselMinded

yeah i have like 10 sites been messed up for over 10 hours now, i hope the problems get sorted out soon, this is the second time this has happened on the new plesk
Old 12-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #8
DieselMinded

must of been a bad problem we are still down
Old 12-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #9
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

They finally brought back this forum and their main website.... my sites are still down.

I'm leaning toward 1and1 for my new hosting spot. Had them for 10 years as a backup and on a special project and they never went down.

They have an email marketing software solution starting at like $4 (what I need to get things going with my business).

Would like something integrated like that... not sure how well it works though. Their interfaces were "hit-n-miss", sometimes great/fast, sometimes not great/slow.

Last edited by theOG; 12-29-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:18 PM   #10
DieselMinded

i realize crap happens, been a customer for a long time im not going anywhere just would like for the server to be faster and not have downtime
Old 12-29-2018, 01:31 PM   #11
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

I'd rather not go anyplace either. If plex was not so darn slow... it takes me forever to do anything in there... I'd not look.

Plus, the "upgrade" I went through left the interface a roaring mess... I have duplicates of sites, confusing configs, etc.

While support is honestly quick when I need it, I'm not sure I want to go through the major upgrades I have for my sites in 2019 having to contact them every other day.

And, maybe unfairly, this downtime seems like a continuation of the downward trajectory of FH.

Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic. Ha ha ha....

Seriously, I have backups of my sites and email... I'm not too concerned. If my sites never came back, I'd get another host and be up by Tues or Wed of next week. No biggie. Might miss some emails, but no one would die.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
DieselMinded

I would like to know how many customers they have and how stable the company is, I couldn't imagine something happening and wiping everything out I have many clients who depend on me to keep their sites running when the sites are down they are losing money and I have no excuse or even an ETA, reflects very poorly on me
Old 01-02-2019, 09:28 AM   #13
FH-Lorne

I have been on holidays and just came back, obviously there was some breakdown on communications here.

I am sorry about that and am looking into why the other staff did not keep this up to date.

Plesk is actually faster then the old systems by a fair bit. If you are seeing speed issues it could be a couple of things such as hitting a resource limit which will throttle your site and slow it down until that limit stops being hit. The resource limiting is something that was not available on the old systems so for performance issues that would be the first place to check.

In your Plesk in the right hand menu look for "Resource Usage" and see if there are any resource related faults.

@DieselMinded I cannot divulge the number of customers that we currently have, but FluidHosting has been around since 2001 and is not going anywhere. Again I do apologize for the breakdown on communications, this is not normal for the way we usually handle outages.