Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > Pre-Sales Stage

Old 02-23-2003, 03:10 PM   #1
Bluesun
Social Deviant

Interesting

For some reason there is no link to this forum on your main page... I found it through Google. (Great to have when your customers have only good things to say about you).
2 Questions:

1)Just needed to ask if pointing domains to client sites in my main domain subdirectories while charging them for this space is a violation of any policies you may have.

Another host said it was a violation of their TOS and required an upgrade to some "reseller account". Just want to make sure that is not the case here. All I want is 1 account to manage all my client domains and files.

2)I need to transfer over my SQL tables from another host but am relatively inexperienced with them. Is it easy to do? Is there a FAQ somewhere? If I can't do it, Can I pay fluid to do it for me?
Bluesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:36 PM   #2
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

Re: Interesting

Hi Bluesun,

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluesun
For some reason there is no link to this forum on your main page... I found it through Google. (Great to have when your customers have only good things to say about you).
We just launched our forum and currently we are testing the forum to see how far/effective this forum will benefit us and our customers. When we receive a nice feedback from the forum and we are sure about the forum's effectiveness and usefullness, we will then link the forum from our main page.

Great to hear that you came to this forum by way of Google!

Quote:
1)Just needed to ask if pointing domains to client sites in my main domain subdirectories while charging them for this space is a violation of any policies you may have.

Another host said it was a violation of their TOS and required an upgrade to some "reseller account". Just want to make sure that is not the case here. All I want is 1 account to manage all my client domains and files.
Right now we do not offer reseller plans yet. And we do not have such restriction on our AUP, so feel free to resell our space. Please do keep in mind, our shared hosting is not meant for reseller purposes and hence it will have some shortages compared to a real reseller plans. We are planning to offer reseller plans in the near future. When we do so, we reserve the right to modify our AUP regarding this matter and may require you to upgrade to our reseller plans as well.

Having said so, please feel free to take a look at our Virtual Private Server (VPS) plans. Our VPS starts at $24.95 and it offers a greater flexibility for your to resell your space and bandwidth. One of our target market for VPS is resellers. Hence, you won't find any trouble in the future reselling your web space/bandwidth.

Quote:
2)I need to transfer over my SQL tables from another host but am relatively inexperienced with them. Is it easy to do? Is there a FAQ somewhere? If I can't do it, Can I pay fluid to do it for me?
Please contact us at support@fluidhosting.com and we will help you transfer your MySQL.

Thank you for you interest in our service. We are looking forward to having you on board.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
Bluesun
Social Deviant

well looking at that VPS sales material I guess I am not really a reseller of any kind since I don't give my clients any direct access to their hosting account and I want everything shared and not private.

That would also be a bad fit for me since one of the differentiating features you guys point out is that Virtual Hosting and not VPS is an "Excellent solution for beginners".. which in terms of server maintenance and "root" nonsense I truly am.

okay I did just that... signed up and mailed your support team to move my Tables over.

I'm trying out a few hosts right now before I make a complete switch... and so far you guys seems to be on top of your game in terms of support and server speed (At my old host... FTP was so time consuming.. At yours, it's blazingly fast).

Thanks Dave.
Bluesun is offline   Reply With Quote