Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > News, New Features, and Improvements

Old 08-13-2018, 06:06 AM   #31
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

I've not been able to update my sites since the upgrade... the program I used before does not work for some reason. I put my business on hold... Fluidhosting is a mess.
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:04 AM   #32
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

I was told via chat yesterday that they are very busy moving customers, but too busy to move mine and "go do it yourself".

You can't make this stuff up...
Skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #33
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

I had two choices... leave or do other things. Luckily I'm at a time in my life where I needed to be off the internet. Still lots of business to be made off the net.

I'll dive back into online ventures in 2019... maybe Dave and crew will be back to normal then. If not, I'll have to start looking (not what I want to do though, to be honest).

I'm still wondering why dave has not replied to requests for an explanation.... I get it, things are busy. 15 minutes drafting and sending an email or post every month would go a long way. That has me worried a bit...
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #34
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

Well... so much for the promised less expensive hosting.
My current plan is $45/month paid every 6 months.

With a straight face they just told me I needed to move to a plan that is $70/month PLUS the cost of Plesk. With a 2 YEAR pay in advance.

I swear these folks are trying hard to lose as must business as they can.

Dave doesn't seem to care a bit as he doesn't respond to emails anymore.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #35
stanj

I have no idea of what is going on there but in January of this year my business site went down, everything was lost and in the peak of booking for my tour business. Backups were accessed by support but those failed and corrupted and lost everything, over $100,000 in sales. But I should have moved long ago, my first account was in 2005 and stayed with them because the service was really good for a long time. 2 years ago however something failed with the VPS and I was told it was damaged beyond repair and that I had to create a new account. I transferred my sites and the new account were not fully compatible and problems popped frequently. But we keep going despite being billed for both the new account and the one that was not accessible. Accounting did not answer any of my tickets for 6 months of double billing. When my main business site gone, all customer orders and booking information gone, I had no choice but to leave. I went to InmotionHosting and although it is a big outfit and I prefer smaller suppliers and personal service, I must say it is reliable and very easy to manage, a lot of tools are provided. When I did need assistance, their live chat never takes more than 5 minutes before a tech is on the other end and everything is taken care of within minute...and it is lower cost. The written reference for all functions is extensive so managing the VPS is easy. Instead of my handcoded HTML/MySQL web site I was updating with more database functionality that I had been growing my main site since 2006 until the unrecoverable crash of the server hosted on Fluid 2 years ago. The new Fluid account was rebuilt using a Joomla CMS until that one was lost entirely last January. After moving to Inmotionhosting I recreated Joomla but more recently changed to WordPress. Creating a new WP or Joomla site is a 1 button process, as are about 150 other scripts that can be installed with a click.

If the last total loss of my business site did not occur I would probably still be with Fluid since I seldom needed support, and did my own management of the VPS.
It is not so easy to move a site that relies on a CMS WP platform, there are so many dependencies and version variables. In the old days when hand coded HTML and maybe CSS, it was easy to migrate.
Good luck everyone, hope Fluid gets back on track...it was a good company for a long time but the last two years has been rather frustrating and expensive losses for me.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:09 PM   #36
Skibum
Skibumus Lazium Extremum

Thanks for that Stan. I really needed a direction of travel.
I've literally been begging for assistance with giving Fluidhosting money for an additional month. Nothing in days for a response other than to say they don't see a problem....

Looking at InmotionHosting now.