Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > News, New Features, and Improvements

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

Migration Plan for All Shared Hosting Customers

Yes, we are ready for the migration of all shared hosting customers. The following email has been sent to all customers.

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

As a follow up to our June 1st email, we are sending this email with details concerning the migration of all shared hosting customers. We will come up with a migration plan of reseller customers within the next 30 days. Please note that until your account is migrated, you will continue to log in to your account through your current account login.

Migration for all shared customers will be performed in two separate steps:
  1. Until June 30th, 2017, you will have the option to do a voluntary migration in exchange for three months of service credit. We have created new and better shared hosting plans for you. To participate in this migration window, simply purchase one of our new shared hosting plan at https://www.fluidhosting.com/shared.php. Please note that we have partnered with a new domain registrar. Thus, if you have your domain registered through us, you will need to do a domain transfer. This domain transfer extends your domain expiration year by one year. During this migration, our support staff will be standing by should you need any assistance. In order to receive the three-month service credit, your old account must be terminated by June 30th, 2017.
  2. Starting on July 1st, 2017, we will perform mass migration for the rest of customers. During this second migration window, all remaining customers will be migrated to the new plans while keeping the same hosting plans. We estimate we may need around one-two months to migrate all remaining customers.

We have provided some Q/A to help explain this migration process.

Q: Is there any change in Fluid Hosting’s management? Is Fluid Hosting being sold?
No, Fluid Hosting is not being sold. And at this moment, there is no change in the management. The only change there is our renewed commitment to our customers by offering our customers much better services.

Q: I want to keep my current plan/pricing. What do I need to do?
You need not do anything. We will continue to honor what you have now. If you want to keep your current plan, you will have to wait for us to do the migration for you. This second step of the migration plan will start on July 1st, 2017.

Q: My current plan has worked for me for many years. Why do I need to migrate?
While your current plan may work well for you, we believe that this migration is still necessary. The old shared hosting infrastructure is aging. More importantly, HSphere is no longer being developed since 2013. As time goes, the current HSphere infrastructure has become more and more obsolete. Plesk is one of the most commonly used hosting environment in the market with active developers and community supporting it. We believe that Plesk will enable our customers to keep up with the demands of the modern web.

Q: Can you let me know how the new hosting plans differ from the old plans?
The new hosting plan comes with more generous resources. In fact, for a limited time, we are offering unlimited everything (unlimited domains, unlimited storage, unlimited data transfer, unlimited email accounts, and unlimited database) on our Premium plan. One of the main differences between the old and the new hosting plans is the way you can make use of the storage. For example, under the old hosting plan, you only receive a fixed storage for each database (e.g., 250 MB). If your database requires additional storage, you will have to purchase additional storage. On the new hosting plans, your database is not limited to any particular size. The only time you will pay for additional storage is if you exceed your total account storage.

Q: Will there be a change of IP?
Yes, the new Plesk environment will have different IP blocks. Thus, all shared and dedicated IP will change.

Q: Will the migration involve downtime?
If carefully planned, downtime can be minimized or even eliminated. Until you cancel your old account, your website will reside on both the old and new hosting platforms. This allows your website to be served on both old and new servers during DNS migration. Our support staff can assist you to make sure your migration process be as smooth as possible.

Should you have any further questions/concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by opening a ticket from your account control panel.

Sincerely,
System Administrtor
Fuid Hosting LLC