Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > Customer Comments

Old 05-07-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
stanj

1 month review

Now after a month I can offer a comment on performance and reliability of our new FluidVPS account. I have a VPS that support very graciously upgraded to the latest in php, MySql, Apache and phpMyAdmin for no charge. I built a shopping cart that was designed for php5 but it was not quite ready to deploy so I moved our old oSCommerce cart over from our old host(which we still have prepaid for another year...no refunds so we'll keep it). There were some problems with the old oSC code not liking the stricter syntax of MySql 5.xx but after redoing some of the queries to conform to different join syntax, we have been running the cart for a week and we are convinced it has caused a 35% increase in daily sales.
The old host was sooooo slow at times during the day that queries would time out and error logs showed a lot of incomplete shopping cart processes for the old cart. Other times each day the old server was rebooted by their techs, and still other times there were application pool crashes that left the unfriendly "Service Unavailable" text instead of our web site.
Despite the increase in sales and site activity the performance of the oSC cart has been great, even long sales reports running almost instantaniously whereas they took forever, if they would complete at all, on our old host. We could not be happier than we moved to a Fluid VPS.
Responsiveness as seen here in St Petersburg Russia seems faster than my test server operating on my test server sitting under my desk, so I imagine our clients in the US, 80% of clients are located in US and Canada, must really see a difference.
I've told a number of old account holders from my old host about our experience with Fluid so I expect several to be moving themselves.

Stan
Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #2
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

Hi Stan,

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your VPS. Let's keep it that way