Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > Customer Comments

Old 10-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #1
geezgeez

My FH Review

Hi Everyone,

I posted the below review a couple of months back on WHT, thought I would share it with people stumbling across FH.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I first came across FluidHosting on Google, because I was looking for a windows based new host.
At the time I was with Hostaway UK, I couldn't fault them for their service but I just hated their control panel. WHT opened my eyes up to other companies out there after I found WHT after I had signed upto Hostaway.

So after finding FH, I decided to do a little more research on them before signing up. I got some good replies from hosts themselves recommending FH in the thread I posted above.
I also used the search feature and found many impressive reviews.

So I made my mind up and felt confident about signing up for FH's basic windows shared hosting plan. I was with them 6 months before cancelling my account, purely because I no longer needed the account. Now I don't really remember much about these 6 months, I know nothing bad happened and that I was impressed. I must of been because I signed back up for them 6 months later and have been with them ever since!

So I am going to base my review on the last 2 and a bit years of hosting with them.
My first impressions of FH, WOW! Talk about a fast network. I remember being blown away with the speeds of my websites, I was used to crappy Hostaway and I couldn't work out how FH could have been faster. I mean I had my site on a Hostaway server located in the UK, and had now moved it to the US. Well all I can say now is INTERNAP BABY!

There is also the Control Panel, in my opinion there is no better CP than H-Sphere for windows based hosting. It allows me full control over my website, while implementing support and billing all in one which is what most Control Panels on any platform miss on even today.

In the last two years I have only had to contact support 4 times, which is damn impressive. I have used my account for hosting personal pages, I do alot of testing and everything 99.9999999999999% of the time works as it should.
The response times for the tickets I have submitted is very impressive, and it is something I have only just noticed as I look back over the tickets I have sent to them.

Below is a summary:

Email Missing: Created Mar 23 2004 6:04PM, Replied 6:06:35
Billing: Created May 9 2004 12:13PM, Replied 12:43
Unable to add domain: Feb 8 2006 1:07PM, Replied 1:40PM
Suspended Account: Mar 25 2006 2:24PM, Replied 2:31PM

(Suspended Account I know, I had forgotten to update my billing info on a card that I had cancelled because I had lost it)

This is a hosting company who have many customers, onsite staff, realistic prices, realistic account qoutas (doubt they oversell) and incredible support response times. The fact that the longest reply took 30 mins is just incredible.

I had been in the hosting industry myself for 2 years, and all I can say is I wish my company was able to achieve the things the FH have.

Top Marks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
geezgeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

good post....
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
jacklouis

Thumbs up similiar good experience!

I signed up with FH two months ago after an extensive internet search for web hosts. I was impressed by how many reviewers used the term "honest" when reviewing FH.
This was my first experience creating a website & it was an anxious moment when I finally uploaded it. I made a few newbie errors on upload which Fluid very quickly & courteously helped me correct. Since then its been smooth sailing.
FH is a quality host & I highly recommend them.
jacklouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
pingme

I beleive we should share out feedback about FH service on other forums like WHT which could be usefull for people searching for a reall good and reliable host. I have seen very few people from FH posting reviews on sites like WHT

just my 2 c
Old 10-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
theOG
I love M$, Apple, & Palm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingme View Post
I beleive we should share out feedback about FH service on other forums like WHT which could be usefull for people searching for a reall good and reliable host. I have seen very few people from FH posting reviews on sites like WHT

just my 2 c
I'm on wht every day (over 3000 posts).... I post about FH every now and again on purpose... can't do it too much or you start to look like an employee.

Maybe the best thing we can all do is provide a yearly review of fh... I do this every year, going on four or five years now... that is more powerful than recommending fh to everyone... I get more PM of people asking me if I am still with fh, and how is the service lately just from my reviews...

Of course I tell them that the service has went downhill since john got married.

Just kidding! Just Kidding! Could not help it....

I tell them everything is boring... which is good since I boing = no issues... I can worry about other things outside my hosting.
theOG is offline   Reply With Quote