Fluid Hosting Forums  
HomeWeb HostingSupportContact UsAbout UsForums |

Go Back   Fluid Hosting Forums > General Forums > Pre-Sales Stage

Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #1
jhuyser

before I sign up...

Hi guys,

So far it looks like the Medium Windows plan is the right one for me (at the very least ), but before I sign up I'd like to ask a question about database size.

In the plan you specify that there are 2 SQL2000 DBs of 100MB each. Would it be possible to combine that into 1 DB of 200MB? The site I am looking at hosting with you is not a huge site when talking traffic or physical HDD size, but the data in the DB is growing quite a bit as my client (a national sporting body in South Africa) have to keep all their records and results for years gone by.

Does the database form part of your overall disk space allocation or is it seperate?

Another question would be if you are planning to upgrade to SQL2005? I have found it a big improvement on 2000...

Oh - and I just have to make sure - would you have any problems hosting South African sites?

jh
jhuyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

Hi jh,

Welcome to Fluid Hosting community forums

MSSQL database is not part of your overall disk space. And unfortunately, we can't combine the disk space together. How large is your database now? Is the transaction log included? Often times, the transaction log can grow bigger than the database.

At this moment, we only support MSSQL 2000, but MSSQL 2005 should be introduced soon within the next 2-3 weeks.

There should be no problem hosting South African sites, just make sure the site complies with our Acceptable Use Policy which can be read online at http://www.fluidhosting.com/msa.php .

Should you have any further questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again. We would love to have you on board!
Old 09-16-2006, 03:03 AM   #3
jhuyser

Thanks for the response Dave, Their current live db will fall into the plan just fine (about 35MB space and about 3MB transaction log), it's their future plans that worry me...

But I'm sure we can cross that bridge when we get there...

I will probably sign up in the next week or so - looking forward to working with you guys...
jhuyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
FH-Dave
Fluid Hosting Staff

jh,

Yes, once the need is there, feel free to contact me and I am sure we can work something out.

I am looking forward to working with you as well! When you are ready to sign up, we will be here ready to assist you

Have a great weekend!